• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Redirect (Air)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidant829

Verified Member
Idea: By manipulating the air that an entity exhales with an initial left click while the move is binded at a distance of 15 blocks, an Airbender would create up to a maximum of 8 small projectiles around that same entity one at a time by shifting at them whenever they begin to sprint, stop sprinting and or for every second they are sprinting within a range of 10 blocks. These small projectiles would take the form of a single air particle and will follow the entity, circling around them in a ring like formation for as long as the user is within 20 blocks of the entity. When ready, the Airbender can then activate the move by tapping shift with it selected to stop the movement of the particles and then left click to then launch them towards the entity when within 5 blocks of it. The result of this is half a heart per particle that makes contact for a total of 4 hearts of damage if done without error.

Properties:
  • Can be configured so that the user may be able to use other abilities while this move is in use.
  • The entity the move is being used on will receive no negative effects and will still be able to bend.
  • Each particle will be able to deal damage if coming in contact with an entity before launched, including the user of the move.
  • Can be configured to be able to phase through liquids and solids.
  • Can be configured to be canceled out by defense moves such as AirShield and FireShield as well as offensive moves if direct contact is made.
  • Can have a configurable amount of time at which the move will then automatically end.
  • Can have a configurable cool down if desired.
How it would Work: By manipulating the air that an organism exhales, an Airbender can create small, condensed and fast rotating projectiles that will follow the current created by their target's movement. When ready, the Airbender can then redirect the projectiles momentum to launch them towards the target in the center to inflict mild injury.

Purpose: This move will give Airbenders a unique offensive ability as it would heavily depend on the movement of an individual and the timing of the user in order to function properly. That as well as staying true to the peaceful culture that unfortunately heavily restricts what Airbenders can do as it only works when used in self defense or as a means for a merciful kill.

Add-On

An add-on to this move is the ability to shift instead of left clicking in order to form the ring of particles upon oneself with the only difference being that particles will be gained automatically without shifting when the same requirements of the original is fulfilled. That as well as the ability to launch the particles created outward rather than inward when fully prepared. The purpose of this being so that most upcoming attacks would be negated from making contact with the air particles as it would act as a more mobile shield which is balanced by the fact that it grows in effectiveness over time for only a specific amount of time.

Note:
  1. This move is non-canon as it was never directly used in either Avatar the Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra but is possible due to the introduction of suffocation via Airbending.
  2. If you do not like the name please post what you would like it to be called in the comments.

Last edited:

David

Verified Member
... What? I'm having a hard time understanding this ability.

The airbender pulls the air out of someones breath then uses that airblast them with damage?

vidant829

Verified Member

The airbender pulls the air out of someones breath then uses that airblast them with damage?
The idea is to condense and oscillate the breath of an entity when they exhale to create something similar to a disc of air which can then be launched back at them in the attempt to deal damage as the entity is cut multiple times by the move.

David

Verified Member
The idea is to condense and oscillate the breath of an entity when they exhale to create something similar to a disc of air which can then be launched back at them in the attempt to deal damage as the entity is cut multiple times by the move.
Sounds overpowered. I don't believe air can take a physical form either.

vidant829

Verified Member
Sounds overpowered. I don't believe air can take a physical form either.
Suffocation is the art of prohibiting entities from breathing which in it self by that definition the most over powered move available in the plugin but yet is really one of the least effective of all the combat related moves. This ability focus on simply using the breath of that the entity exhales as a weapon opposed to stripping it from them completely which in concept is more balanced. In actuality it goes even further than this as the move will only work on entities that "sprint, stop sprinting and or for every second they are sprinting". Also, the breath being used would not turn into a solid but rather increase in speed and density so that it can be of a threat when redirected at the entity. (Take AirBurst as an example)

paliate

Verified Member
I don't quite understand it either, and i don't understand why this would be redirectable?

Is there something i'm missing??

vidant829

Verified Member
I don't quite understand it either, and i don't understand why this would be redirectable?

Is there something i'm missing??
The name Redirect represents the action of an Airbender redirecting the air that a target exhales back at them to cause moderate injury which is the concept of the move itself in its simplest form. If needed I'll try making an image to help give you a better idea of its function and appearance.

vidant829

Verified Member
As if we can't use the abundace of air that is just outside ‹-›
Realistically that would work as well and even be far more efficient than the version I posted. However, the ability to use this move whenever desired would lack a certain depth as this relys more on the actions of the entity and Airbender combined to create interesting situations that both could enjoy to some degree in the form of a fair challenge.

paliate

Verified Member
Why would air need to redirect it? (By the way i think this move would be extremely messy and blinding) There's air everywhere, I can understand water redirecting, i can understand earth redirecting, but air? really?

vidant829

Verified Member
Why would air need to redirect it? (By the way i think this move would be extremely messy and blinding) There's air everywhere, I can understand water redirecting, i can understand earth redirecting, but air? really?
Its the ability to redirect that breath of air which I found to be worth posting as an idea to be implemented. Also keep in mind that when describing the ability, I stated that the breaths would appear as a single particle of air which would keep it from completely obscuring the vision of the victim and the Airbender themselves. This only being messy if it is not made well. Lastly, this is something that I would like to see personally irregardless of your opinion on it so yes; air redirection.

paliate

Verified Member
Just seems rediculous, why wouldn't i just use the air around me? like i understand why water would need that since its a source element, but i dont understand why air would.

vidant829

Verified Member
Just seems rediculous, why wouldn't i just use the air around me? like i understand why water would need that since its a source element, but i dont understand why air would.
It's to balance the move as otherwise, Airbenders would be able to cut their opponents down anywhere and anytime with only a snap of a finger. Also, air would still be needed to be condensed and then released in order to actually pose a threat unless if Airbending as a whole as well as the rest of the elements are actually the control of vectors.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Bending the air in the open is bending oxygen, he is referring to bending the carbon dioxide that is released when an organism exhales. Carbon dioxide is heavier and not as commonly found at the level in which oxygen is. That's why this needs a bit more of a source.

Migsel

Verified Member
Bending the air in the open is bending oxygen, he is referring to bending the carbon dioxide that is released when an organism exhales. Carbon dioxide is heavier and not as commonly found at the level in which oxygen is. That's why this needs a bit more of a source.
Actually, the air is made up of 70% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, and the last 9% is just filled with some other gases.
Realistically that would work as well and even be far more efficient than the version I posted. However, the ability to use this move whenever desired would lack a certain depth as this relys more on the actions of the entity and Airbender combined to create interesting situations that both could enjoy to some degree in the form of a fair challenge.
That would just add uneccesary complications as you could just use the air around the enemy. Also, trying to focus on the tiny amounts of CO2 being exhaled by someone that would end up being dissipated into the rest of the air is like spraying water from a spray bottle of water into the Pacific Ocean and trying to find the water originally from the spray bottle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.