• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Realistic Surge (Water/Ice Wall)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll sum up real quick in the table why Surge right now isn't realistic!
1)No animation: It just poof & appears.
2)Size: It's too big unlike how it was portrayed in the show.
3)Shape: ew.
4)It is flying: wtf? Comparing this with that, you can pretty much tell what's wrong there.
5)Ice Wall moves like a ghost.

Water Shield
Animation:
Water Shield should elavate like waterspout, puddle by puddle, rather appearing out of thin air (or should say teleports from a pool into thin air). Same should happen when using the 'snow version' (more info later on), with a snow layer by snow layer becoming taller and taller.

Sweep:
We, waterbenders, should be allowed to flex/bent/expand our own water shield with the sweep of the cursor. Though it shouldn't be necessay (cursor positions determines the shield's height).

DrawBack: If you sweep the cursor too far, the watershield should then break and (as a bonus: ) explose into particles-- putting the technique on cooldown.

With waterbottles this could be even further: allow a watersupply with a supply of these tools just shape it in any form.

*waterbottle example*

Size:
It shouldn't be big, considering that numerious of waterbenders didn't create elevant-size barriers to block attacks. Just look what Katara does while standing in a cryo enviroment. In-game measurement, let surge just protect 1 1/2 of the user's body.

I think it should only become bigger If the shield 'detects' either players by the user's side (not seperated by the shield), or the huge hitbox of an attack/projectile approaching.

Anti-flying blob:
It is my number 1 unbearable flaw. Short and simple: Create a 1 block tip on that shield, that is kepted connected from the source block.

I don't think I need to explain much what's wrong the current size, If you just looked at this screenshot: https://proxy.spigotmc.org/b33aa53ad3496d18c42dcf30ff90cfa292b35299?url=https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/2aVvPLgmDpgr6b8HnPIhQlxsn2K5Kn2QRkOGMOxco9reSQ2TXaHV4CqNWGsp7WUslljES_jiEk15hcwyf3InpDjLbnYN2_-zqKE97bw5zMtMvOkJKi80iRfKNXZiuMNUbgDnNOmd

I would prefer gettins this instead:

Ice Wall
Ice Wall should be immobile like RaiseEarth, but with a minor difference:
* Can be place on any terrain.
* Watermanipulation shouldn't be sourcable from it.

Animation:
Should be like IceSpike's.

Intuitive Behavour:
Water shield and Ice shield, shouldn't require a sneak, or at least looking at source block If you find the prior-latter op: ONLY when there is a bendable block beneat it. Especally while your standing on a snowed ground, ice or in a swallow water. JedCore's Ice Wall is a great example for this.

Last edited:

NickC1211

I'll sum up real quick in the table why Surge right now isn't realistic!
1)No animation: It just poof & appears.
2)Size: It's too big unlike how it was portrayed in the show.
3)Shape: ew.
4)It is flying: wtf? Comparing this with that, you can pretty much tell what's wrong there.
5)Ice Wall moves like a ghost.

Water Shield
Animation:
Water Shield should elavate like waterspout, puddle by puddle, rather appearing out of thin air (or should say teleports from a pool into thin air). Same should happen when using the 'snow version' (more info later on), with a snow layer by snow layer becoming taller and taller.

Sweep:
We, waterbenders, should be allowed to flex/bent/expand our own water shield with the sweep of the cursor. Though it shouldn't be necessay (cursor positions determines the shield's height).

DrawBack: If you sweep the cursor too far, the watershield should then break and (as a bonus: ) explose into particles-- putting the technique on cooldown.

With waterbottles this could be even further: allow a watersupply with a supply of these tools just shape it in any form.

*waterbottle example*

Size:
It shouldn't be big, considering that numerious of waterbenders didn't create elevant-size barriers to block attacks. Just look what Katara does while standing in a cryo enviroment. In-game measurement, let surge just protect 1 1/2 of the user's body.

I think it should only become bigger If the shield 'detects' either players by the user's side (not seperated by the shield), or the huge hitbox of an attack/projectile approaching.

Anti-flying blob:
It is my number 1 unbearable flaw. Short and simple: Create a 1 block tip on that shield, that is kepted connected from the source block.

I don't think I need to explain much what's wrong the current size, If you just looked at this screenshot: https://proxy.spigotmc.org/b33aa53ad3496d18c42dcf30ff90cfa292b35299?url=https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/2aVvPLgmDpgr6b8HnPIhQlxsn2K5Kn2QRkOGMOxco9reSQ2TXaHV4CqNWGsp7WUslljES_jiEk15hcwyf3InpDjLbnYN2_-zqKE97bw5zMtMvOkJKi80iRfKNXZiuMNUbgDnNOmd

I would prefer gettins this instead:

Ice Wall
Ice Wall should be immobile like RaiseEarth, but with a minor difference:
* Can be place on any terrain.
* Watermanipulation shouldn't be sourcable from it.

Animation:
Should be like IceSpike's.

Intuitive Behavour:
Water shield and Ice shield, shouldn't require a sneak, or at least looking at source block If you find the prior-latter op: ONLY when there is a bendable block beneat it. Especally while your standing on a snowed ground, ice or in a swallow water. JedCore's Ice Wall is a great example for this.
I love love love this suggestion but I'm curious about how each part would work. Would ice wall be like click then shift, And surge shield be hold shift and move cursor?

I love love love this suggestion but I'm curious about how each part would work. Would ice wall be like click then shift, And surge shield be hold shift and move cursor?
Ice Wall controls are the same, with the exception of Intuitive Behavour situation (hold sneak - water rises >> left click - freezes over). Water Walll doesn't change either.

Another feature that I thought of, incorperating Taiko's "Stream", which would be activated by holding sneak at the water while in the procress of moving the cursor away into the air, thus that's how creating the "stream" technique. For the Surge Shield ability (with my following changes), it is the classic LClick>>Sneak or Sneak for the Intuitive Behavour.

To make it cleaner, I'm also gonna include changes to the Wave technique, but directed in a link to google docs. It might exceed character limit or just look too lengthy.

NickC1211

Ice Wall controls are the same, with the exception of Intuitive Behavour situation (hold sneak - water rises >> left click - freezes over). Water Walll doesn't change either.

Another feature that I thought of, incorperating Taiko's "Stream", which would be activated by holding sneak at the water while in the procress of moving the cursor away into the air, thus that's how creating the "stream" technique. For the Surge Shield ability (with my following changes), it is the classic LClick>>Sneak or Sneak for the Intuitive Behavour.
Yes!! I wonder why that was never implemented, that should certainly be apart of surge.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I feel like as good looking and sounding this ability it could be mimicked with a smaller Surge Shield, which is way easier to use and still allows for players to use SurgeShield with it being more like the show.

This doesn't need to be made into a separate ability.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.