• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Realistic Paralyze Expansion

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I did mention numerious of times, in that thread and on its custom download page, but here I'd go again.

Chi Blocking said:
"Though nonbenders can also have their chi flow blocked, there are some differences in effect. Whereas chi blocking would temporarily stop a bender from bending, performing the act upon a nonbender in certain spots results in the loss of movement in that part of their body, as demonstrated when Ty Lee attacked Sokka. As he did not possess bending abilities, he instead lost voluntary muscular function within a region localized around the attack, essentially becoming paralyzed. This was a similar effect to Ty Lee's paralyzing blocks; except it occurred slower and he only appeared paralyzed in the places where she struck."
While I'm not implying the above turning to be limited to non-benders (but if for some reason do, PLEASE consider adding to chi blockers as well), but what I do want to expand on Finn's Realistic Paralyze idea with my own (can't comment on his, cuz it is locked).

To expand on that (or should I say, in my version since it's change), I wanna suggest that using this ability should have a 40% chance to paralyze a random hand (left or right) to the jabbed target, 40% a leg and the remaining 20% of the user failing at succeding to paralyze anything. More in-depth applications:

• Arms: a 50% probability of having either left click or right click rendered useless; (debatable...) all items are dropped from the hotbar slots.
    • Left Arm: off-hand gets toggled-off, item from that slot then gets dropped.
    • Right Arm: item from the selected main-hand slot gets dropped.
  • Leg: Induces slowness and forces the target to jump non-stop whilst walking (which what led Sokka to-do after Ty lee assaulted him)
  • Legs: If the leg change occurs again after its first succesful attempt, the opponent's mobile movement will be rendered useless (but s/he will still be able to look around, punch and what not...)

Code:
By default...
Duration of when each paralyze effect per limb ends: 30/60 sec.
Cooldown: 5 seconds.
During the enemy's paralysis duration, (and obviously after the cooldown) the user can paralyze the opponent again which would result in another random limb motor-movement lost.

Nothing to much, but a minor change: rename this ability perhaps? It ain't even a semi-paralyze, so....

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Adding an example:
For better understanding

Let's say I punch Xx_MehnameBob15 with Paralyze. Randomly, the ability decides to disable his leg based of the given odds.
Xx_MehnameBob15 is semi-crippled, unable to walk without being slow and constantly jumping (interpeting as he can now only walk walk with one leg). After the cooldown, I immediately paraylyze him again, and that nows result of his punching capability. He can't fireblast me now >:). Then I do it again, he now gets his other leg paralyze... he's then unable to walk at all.

60 seconds have passed after his first paralyze encounter, he is now capable to walk again almost (his second leg is still torpefied). I use the ability, but I ran out of luck and the ability failed to do anything. Another 60s. had passed and ...MehNameBob15 can now punch. I then end the fight with paralyzing his left hand again and later on - the right one. I rekt him with meh rapid punch. GG