• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Question for the developers

Sc1_original

Verified Member
I really want to start learning Java but honestly, I have no idea where to start. I don't know whether I should buy a book, watch video tutorials, or find some website to teach me. I have almost no knowledge on how to even begin coding but like I said, I really want to learn.

Any tips? Where should I start? How should I learn? Should I even try?

Thanks.

Edit: My bad, just realized where I posted this... These forums probably aren't even the right place to be asking.

I knew some things about Python before starting java, I started it by the last year, but things I got is that you need to know somethings about coding first and then diving into java, cause java is a bit harder than others

I think the learning road map is something like this, at least for me:
1- learning the Algorithmic thinking(means try to thing that the things work with functional ways) 2 - learning some coding basics 3 - learning some java basics 4 - learning Bukkit/spigot coding basics 5 - dive into projectkorra api for some tips (unnecessary but good) 6 - start your projectkorra coding by watching tutorials on youtube, I suggest this link: ProjectKorra Tutorials - YouTube also strangeone is going to make one in youtube
7 - improve your knowledge by diving into others project korra ability links on github to see how they did them

this road map won't get much time of you at all but it isn't also possible by just a week

but the most important thing i got in the year, is that u will learn everything u want in the way