• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Problem with ice should be resolved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
I think that all ice formed by torrent/surge/icewave should disappear like it does with WaterArms spear. Everyone knows ice created by waterbenders stays forever and is just a big ice trap, so I think it should disappear like WaterArms spear should so people won't be trapped forever in it. Many servers already have problems with ice not disappearing, including my own. This problem regularly turns my normal arenas into ice arenas and it is very annoying. I think this would help solve that.

The times that they should each disappear at should be configurable.

Tell me what you think about it.

Matt

Verified Member
It might be a good idea to add a configurable option for reverting as well as some people might want to keep the ice.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
Changing all the classes to be more like this would cause more bugs most likely.
No, if do all correctly, because "ice arenas" is shit. Need to regen arenas in 30 min, but if you have for example nation war you should regen arena in 10 min. If do it correctly I am sure that bugs will not appear.

Matt

Verified Member
No, if do all correctly, because "ice arenas" is shit. Need to regen arenas in 30 min, but if you have for example nation war you should regen arena in 10 min. If do it correctly I am sure that bugs will not appear.
This has nothing to do with ice flooding, ice flooding is caused by some of our abilities that don't use blocks and conflict with the ones who do, implementing this fix especially now would cause more bugs

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
This has nothing to do with ice flooding, ice flooding is caused by some of our abilities that don't use blocks and conflict with the ones who do, implementing this fix especially now would cause more bugs
I understand that you don't know what I want to say. If you claim that it may cause more bugs, but why WaterArms Spear remains in place, and it disappears? Jed was making this have done the right thing.

Matt

Verified Member
I understand that you don't know what I want to say. If you claim that it may cause more bugs, but why WaterArms Spear remains in place, and it disappears? Jed was making this have done the right thing.
Thats because WaterArms spear was written to handle tempblocks properly, Our older abilities aren't sure how to interact with tempblocks and need to be updated. If we added a revert Config option right now it would just cause more bugs.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
Our old abilities should interact with tempblocks and need to be updated. It is your changed sentences, but now what happens with ice is awful.

RikudoSannin

Verified Member
Omg! It is very important, I agree. Because on the server on what I play there is same problem. I think it can solve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.