• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Playing friendly with JedCore

Should PK do something with JedCOre?

• Yes, they should integrate all of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, they should integrate some of it and decide on their own.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yes, they should integrate some of it by asking the community what's good and what's not.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, they should not integrate JedCore

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I believe PK should do something else with JedCore

• JedCore has no place in PK, and never will.

• Total voters
it's been so long since i posted here
let's begin shall we
what do I mean by this?

Well let's take an analysis of the current situation
Nearly every server has JedCore. I have not found a single server that has a stable population that does not have JedCore. I'm not including the official PK server because that is its own case that if I'm up to it (I probably won't), I'll discuss that another time.

Something that really needs to happen is for you guys to actually do something with JedCore. Players across the servers will fight tooth and nail for jedcore to be kept if someone god forbid suggests for it to be remove.

The situation that I'm trying to paint is that JedCore is ubiquitous and basically essential. If you guys can weed out the crap JedCore addons and at least try to do something with the decent ones, maybe people will begin to see that PK isn't dead.

I really didn't mean this to offend the staff team, if it did. But I feel like you guys have to realize that the days of resisting JedCore are over. I'm not saying to add all of JedCore or any of it. But learn from it and try to incorporate it into PK. There's a reason why it's ubiquitous among servers and JedCore is certainly something that you guys should pay attention to. Just about every bender bends with JedCore, so by doing something with JedCore, you'll be doing something that could actually feel like a welcome addition to the community.

*reads the title* - Well, it depends on what ability, because some aren't good enough to my liking on how their implement. I might update this post whenever I feel like going into details on how each ability could be improved (and If I get in time before this thread gets locked and thus renders edit feature off (I kinda wish some of the forum policies like with what threads get locked loosen, but that's for another talk. Though I actually suggest for PK to do what you're offering, and I think the staff agree with me, but said it's only matter time whenever they can/want.

xNuminousx

It should be kept separate from ProjectKorra. Even if the majority wants it integrated, there will still be a minority that won't want it. They should be forced to play with it if they don't like it. It just easier if the two are separate so if you don't want it, you don't have to have it. I do agree some of the JedCore abilities would compliment ProjectKorra nicely, but no the whole thing should not be added. It would be a waste of time to just have to deal with angry players if they don't do it right or something else. This system works fine, no reason to fix something that's not broken.

Even if the majority wants it integrated, there will still be a minority that won't want it.
I'd say "deal with it", just like with any ability that's enabled. Though again, it depends on how it's implemented because I and a great number of others find it unbalanced.

Can somebody list of abilities jedcore provides?

xNuminousx

And I could also say: “Why should Project Korra need to go through the time to implement JedCore when you can just add it to the server yourself”

Seems pointless. Unless they take ability ideas and make those abilities themselves.

There are abilities they added straight off (earthsmash, waterarms, earthpillars).

Sure. I don't mean they have to implement without starting from scratch or changing them, which is the very least I want. I could post my feedback on what and how I want tweak and maybe what needs to be skipped for a long time now, but I don't remember the full list of abilities.

Like that wake fishing ability could be converted into watermanipulation technique. As we all know it, 1.13 is known for having real fishes swimming around, so with the plugin getting compatibility with the update that once it's released it could be upgraded to catch those mobs as well.

Last edited: