• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Plant manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
Ability Name: Plant manipulatiom

Element: Water

Sub-element ?: Plantbending

Controls: to toggle this move you shift once

Detailed Description: This move has a few sub moves, similar to how free running is set up you shift to get a few moves that can be used. this is how this move works

1st submove; Control- by holding shift on a leaf or plant block you control that source you can move it around, place it on the ground or, by left-clicking while shifting you can have it follow you and stay 3 blocks away as you continue to move, or if you decide to just move the block then release shift the block will stay where you left it, so for example if you move the block from the tree to the ground next to you and release shift it will stay there.

2nd submove; Vital-essence- this move allows you to turn in the leaf block that you recently "controlled" into a water source itself, by extracting the water in the leafs, the leafs vanish and a water sourse that is stationary is placed. to do this you shift and left click the block. very simple concept , the water once created cannot be grabbed and moved like a leaf source, it is stationary.

3rd submove; Halo- this move will take the leaf block that you manipulated with "control' to circle you. this can only be done if you have commanded the block to follow you as being done with "control". the purpose of this move if to prevent or reduce the damage taken by a bend, but this can only be done once, so for example you activate halo and a firebender shoots lightning at you, halo will block/absorb the damage then vanishing, and you would have to repeat the process in order to get another halo, this move should have a 5-10s cool down depending on how much damage it blocks. the controls of this are as followed, look at your
"control" block and double tap shift and it will begin to circle you

4th submove: Blanchwood- this move, out of the 4 is the only offensive move and is actually pretty cool yet hard to understand and master. as we all know wood has water in it, so do leafs and plants and vines. this move will take those sources, yes wood too, and use them to do damage. the controls of this move are as followed (shift the source to prime it, click source to pull it to you it will come to 2 cubes distance from you, then hold shift then click to move it around then release shift to fire while holding left click.) i understand that is rather confusing but i don't want the move to be to over powered.

i hope you like this idea i understand some probably wont because this in its self looks overpowered but in truth its not. in pvp with this move, you have to activate plant manipulation then use control and then from their use the other sub moves to use that source unless your using blanchwood but even blanchwood is complex

[Water & Fire only] Day and Night factor ?: the only thing that i guess could use a night factor is blanchwood and thats the damage output of it

plant bending wasnt used much so to provide a gif would be near impossible

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
This isn't really what plantbending is. There is already an addon move "PlantDrain" that lets you absorb water from plants and fill bottles/buckets and you can attack with it.

The wood argument has come up before, and Minecraft has no way to determine if a log is part of a living tree, or a dead bit of wood on a house with no water. The argument died when this info hit.

You're right that we haven't seen much of plantbending and its a tricky subject. You pretty much need a gif of what it is, and it has to be evident what you want. Otherwise, it gets looked at like its something from Pokémon, which happens a lot with plantbending

HydroMan

Verified Member
Sounds like you pretty much copied the title of the thread i have made, and its funny that its brench into 3 moves while mine also concits of variety of techniques performed by each plant, lol.

HydroMan

Verified Member
1st submove: you can pretty much accomplish the same thing the WaterCrontrol addon by shifting on a grassblock. But I do like idea of it being implanted to the plugin.
2st submove: I suggested that you would need to hold shift for as long you want to be stationary. Why? Because the water itself can't stay in place without the bender constantly bending it, which it would required the user focus and concentration. If you were to release the shift key, the water would then be spread into flowing and will flood the floor. The Water will keep flooding until you either make it back to stationary by holding shift as you did or stop the flooding naturary (by placing block on the source of water, ect.)

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
thanks for the posts guys all im trying to cover is recognition with plantbending thats my goal. just to get some more moves out their to enhance the game

Status
Not open for further replies.