• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Plant Fastening

How do you like this idea?

• I like it and hope it could be added.

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • I like it but I do not want it to be added.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like it but there could be some fixes. I'll post them below.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I do not like it and I will explain why.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate it!

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorite

Verified Member
Hello. Today I have another idea for plantbending. It will be posted below. As always, feel free to criticize it and mold it to fit the plugin if need be. Enjoy!

<<-=PlantFastening=->>
1. <<-=How does it work?=->>
It works by the player left clicking under the 3 by 3 blocks the enemy is standing on. The blocks must be all grass blocks and they can not be covered with anything. Double TallGrass with emerge out of the ground and trap him or her. The tapped entity will look like this ->

The cooldown on this should be pretty long. I was thinking as long as the cooldown for WallOfFire.

2. <<-=What does it do?=->>
The move is can be used both with offense and defense as in can effectively trap your opponents and give you a chance to either attack or run. When you use the move, it will 'trap' the person you used it on. By trap, I mean giving your enemy very high slowness (or a way not to make them move) and mild weakness effect. It will also weaken bending moves by 0.3, making them have less damage, range, and overall power. This move can be destroyed by all bending abilities. The Double Tallgrass can also be destroyed by swords.
Possibly Description:

" PlantFastening is one of the best trapping ability for waterbenders. By left clicking under an enemy on a grass block, vines will wrap around him or her. They will reduce the opponent's abilities' power and keep him stuck for as long as the vines last."
3. <<-=Where it is in the show?=->>
In the show, it is in the episode that introduces plantbending, The Swamp. Below you can find where it is used. As you can see, the vines from the swamp are being bent at Sokka from a waterbender. The vines wrap around him. Since the vines in mincraft can be glitchy if used in plugins, I decided to use DoubleTall Grass instead.

Last edited:

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Very interesting ability, I feel its one of the first actual plant bending moves suggested. Nice job! Would you mind listening the conditions for using the move?

Majorite

Verified Member
Very interesting ability, I feel its one of the first actual plant bending moves suggested. Nice job! Would you mind listening the conditions for using the move?
Thank you! I actually made a plantbending ability awhile back. Here is the link if you want to see it -> http://projectkorra.com/threads/plant-manipulation-plant-bending.199/

As for the conditions, I think this is what you mean.

It works by the player left clicking under the 3 by 3 blocks the enemy is standing on. The blocks must be all grass blocks and they can not be covered with anything. Double TallGrass with emerge out of the ground and trap him or her.

Migsel

Verified Member
Seems cool but I think since it is only plants, it should easily be destroyed by some bending moves

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I really like this a lot
Holy crap
But I would personally suggest making it cuttable with swords and bending, just like in da show :D

Majorite

Verified Member
EDITED
The vines now can be broken. Details above.
Thanks for all the suggestions and... well... thanks.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Regardless of the actual move, I find double tall grass and normal tall grass perfect for an "entangling roots/vines"-esque kind of animation for a move. Good thinking.

Joeri

Verified Member
:(
I love this idea and plantbending in general, i also had come up with some moves

PlantBinding / VineWrap

When left clicked at a target that is standing on grass, high tall grass will grow on the block he is standing and will be stunned for 3 seconds (Also gives jumpboost 250 to prevent jumping)

Majorite

Verified Member
I do realize the similarities in that post with mine but mine doesn't stun the enemies, it traps them. I also provided a lot more detail in this. These ideas are not the same nor did I base this off of yours.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I agree with a lot of people here, this is a great ability to suggest. It expands a waterbender's capabilities in a diverse way. It requires a different style of technique used under different conditions, it's quite balanced, well structured, logical and feasible. It seems completely appropriate for the plug-in and would open up new possibilities for waterbenders, and I really like that so nice job. :)

6tijn

Verified Member
Great! But keep in mind that the watebender could use the tall grass as plantbendingsource ans use watermanipulation while the player/mob is stuck in there, or even worse spam watermanipulation. The victem is stuck in there so he can't get away inmediantly.

Is it possible to code it like that the tall grass is unusable as plantbending source like the ice made with Torrent?

Adam

Verified Member
Great! But keep in mind that the watebender could use the tall grass as plantbendingsource ans use watermanipulation while the player/mob is stuck in there, or even worse spam watermanipulation. The victem is stuck in there so he can't get away inmediantly.

Is it possible to code it like that the tall grass is unusable as plantbending source like the ice made with Torrent?
i think earthbenders could literally jump over the situation with catapult, Raise Earth, or even LavaFlow all
over and stay in the grass...
Fire could fireblast?
Airbenders...... i don't know......

6tijn

Verified Member
i think earthbenders could literally jump over the situation with catapult, Raise Earth, or even LavaFlow all
over and stay in the grass...
Fire could fireblast?
Airbenders...... i don't know......
A good waterbender could that very fast, you know. left-click, then rapidly go to the slot of watermanipulation. Hit shift and leftclick multiple times very fast. The victim could get atleast half health when overwehlmed by the attack. :eek:

Phorcys77

Verified Member
Hello. Today I have another idea for plantbending. It will be posted below. As always, feel free to criticize it and mold it to fit the plugin if need be. Enjoy!

<<-=PlantFastening=->>
1. <<-=How does it work?=->>
It works by the player left clicking under the 3 by 3 blocks the enemy is standing on. The blocks must be all grass blocks and they can not be covered with anything. Double TallGrass with emerge out of the ground and trap him or her. The tapped entity will look like this ->

The cooldown on this should be pretty long. I was thinking as long as the cooldown for WallOfFire.

2. <<-=What does it do?=->>
The move is can be used both with offense and defense as in can effectively trap your opponents and give you a chance to either attack or run. When you use the move, it will 'trap' the person you used it on. By trap, I mean giving your enemy very high slowness (or a way not to make them move) and mild weakness effect. It will also weaken bending moves by 0.3, making them have less damage, range, and overall power. This move can be destroyed by all bending abilities. The Double Tallgrass can also be destroyed by swords.
Possibly Description:

" PlantFastening is one of the best trapping ability for waterbenders. By left clicking under an enemy on a grass block, vines will wrap around him or her. They will reduce the opponent's abilities' power and keep him stuck for as long as the vines last."
3. <<-=Where it is in the show?=->>
In the show, it is in the episode that introduces plantbending, The Swamp. Below you can find where it is used. As you can see, the vines from the swamp are being bent at Sokka from a waterbender. The vines wrap around him. Since the vines in mincraft can be glitchy if used in plugins, I decided to use DoubleTall Grass instead.
To make them not move, you could use the effect from FrostBreath. It gives you so much slowness, you can't move.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I thought this was gonna be a stupid move, but it really isn't. And I think vines would look so stupid, I love the tall grass idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.