• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied PhaseChange construct freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you strongly believe in your suggestion, feel free to re-make it in the newer categories.
Might as well do that.

IMO, it would be a lot neater and logical for the waterbenders to freeze over their element construct via phasechange only. Considering that IceWave combo is just a waterwave frozen by the user's phasehchange, I think the same should be applied to Surge and Torrent to turn them into solid form.

Whenever you would like to turn the Surge's wave or shield (latter requires holding sneak while switching binds), you would left click at air to encompass opponents or harden your shield in ice respectively.

While torrent blast is shot, you must left click with phasechange to force it to create a dome wherever it stops.

Last edited:
Might as well do that.

IMO, it would be a lot neater and logical for the waterbenders to freeze over their element construct via phasechange only. Considering that IceWave combo is just a waterwave frozen by the user's phasehchange, I think the same should be applied to Surge and Torrent to turn them into solid form.

Whenever you would like to turn the Surge's wave or shield (latter requires holding sneak while switching binds), you would left click at air to encompass opponents or harden your shield in ice respectively.

While torrent blast is shot, you must left click with phasechange to force it to create a dome wherever it stops.
I think the problem with this is that it'd be too convoluted to constantly have to switch to phase change just to freeze your pre-existing moves.
And plus, doesn't that all already happen? Left clicking in the air with a surge or torrent already activates it's ice form.

I think the problem with this is that it'd be too convoluted to constantly have to switch to phase change just to freeze your pre-existing moves.
That brings me to my argument, that:
Considering that IceWave combo is just a waterwave frozen by the user's phasehchange
and since benders have to knows how to switch the state of water, wouldn't be logical to have phasechange bound?

"too convouted"? I'm sorry, but you're finger won't fall off from moving across the keyboard or to SCROLL the mouse wheel to select appropiate bind. That's too... spoiled.

Last edited:
That brings me to my argument, that:

and since benders have to knows how to switch the state of water, wouldn't be logical to have phasechange bound?

"too convouted"? I'm sorry, but you're finger won't fall off from moving across the keyboard or to SCROLL the mouse wheel to select appropiate bind. That's too... spoiled.
The travel time for a good amount of the abilities you name vary and many disappear before even a second passes by. I feel that it would be too restraining to have to constantly switch back, and thus, too convoluted.

The travel time for a good amount of the abilities you name vary and many disappear before even a second passes by. I feel that it would be too restraining to have to constantly switch back, and thus, too convoluted.
If you're so depented on constantly spamming freeze, here's a simple solution: change your stragedy?

As for "many disappear before even a second passes by"... If you're right about that, I think that could be solved by increasing its duration and slowing down a littttttle bit, so that it doesn't before you can switch. But, tbh I don't think it disappears that quickly. Not trying to offend you, but you'll have a grandpa to bee that slow at reacting and to quickly presz ze number or push/pull your wheel down.

Loony

It is too convoluted though. Scrolling through your binds would mean that we'd have to keep this move active while you switch binds to get to phase change, then to switch back. A lot of people play with laptops and don't even have mouses, using track pads. It's not very efficient and I think that the feature is better off staying inside the moves so it can act more fluid.

Thread denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.