• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Phase (Teleportation)

Fuzzy

Introduction:
As we all know, spirits have great powers beyond any comprehension. Just as Korra manipulated some spiritual energy, a flux happened between the spirit world and the physical world causing a new spirit portal to be opened. We did not know much about spirits in The Last Airbender, but the Legend of Korra brings viewers the vast knowledge behind the avatar and the spirit world. In one of the episodes of the Legend of Korra, the Aye-Aye spirit (incharge of the spirit oasis in the era of raava) performs an ability that I think would give spirits a great form of transportation without being too overpowered. This ability is demonstrated below:

Information Regarding This Ability:
I would like to call this ability "Phase" because the sole purpose is to phase through objects or people. In the world of minecraft, users are able to use enderpearls to teleport through small openings or even across mountains, so this would give a huge perk to spirits. To use this ability, a spirit would simply left click within a range of 50 blocks (configurable by server owners) and the spirit would teleport to the block of choice.

New Abilities:
- Phase - This ability allows a spirit to teleport to a ranged location. To use this ability, simply left click in the desired location.
- (Left Click) to teleport to the block you are looking at.

Conclusion:
I hope you guys like the suggestion I have made, if you have any comments or suggestions of your own, please let me know below! I love constructive criticism, so don't be afraid to say something!

- Fuzzy (Jake)

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
It should have a cooldown or a charge up so you cant lightning flash through a battle field.

Janny

This ability sounds amazing! I have few questions though:

1. Would this be available to Light or Dark Spirits? Or both?

2. Would this have a cooldown? If so, how long?

3. Would the teleporting look like just normal teleporting? Because in that scene, the before the spirit teleported, a blue-like substance swirled around the spirit. So maybe it should do the same for Phase?

Fuzzy

To everyone wanting answers regarding cooldowns, charge times, and other additions for the ability. I have no solid answers that I can provide for you. As a member of the Project Korra Community I am just supplying suggestions that will hopefully be added into the plugin. If the ability is accepted, the Project Korra Staff who oversee all the suggestions will set the limits that they seem fit :p

Hero

To everyone wanting answers regarding cooldowns, charge times, and other additions for the ability. I have no solid answers that I can provide for you. As a member of the Project Korra Community I am just supplying suggestions that will hopefully be added into the plugin. If the ability is accepted, the Project Korra Staff who oversee all the suggestions will set the limits that they seem fit :p
For some reason, they want every detail in your suggestion instead of just thinking of stuff like cooldowns. :/

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Sounds like an awesome suggestion :D

Another idea for the teleportation (to make the move more advanced) would be for the user to hold down SHIFT and see the camera no-clip through blocks in the direction they are looking at, then release SHIFT quickly to teleport there. Would mean it couldn't be too over powered as it would be hard to use, but it also means that the user can teleport through blocks. Guess that depends if you think that's a good or bad thing.

HydroMan

Sounds like an awesome suggestion :D

Another idea for the teleportation (to make the move more advanced) would be for the user to hold down SHIFT and see the camera no-clip through blocks in the direction they are looking at, then release SHIFT quickly to teleport there. Would mean it couldn't be too over powered as it would be hard to use, but it also means that the user can teleport through blocks. Guess that depends if you think that's a good or bad thing.
That's neat. Ironically, that advancement lives up to the abilities name, which have some common sense by the name.