• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Personal Server

owlcool

Verified Member
I would like to be able to make a single player bukkit server. Keep in mind, this can't be anything fancy. It is on a crap Acer laptop, so could someone point me in the right direction? I have tried to many tutorials to count and they all ultimatly failed. So if you could post some advice it would be appreciated .

jedk1

I would like to be able to make a single player bukkit server. Keep in mind, this can't be anything fancy. It is on a crap Acer laptop, so could someone point me in the right direction? I have tried to many tutorials to count and they all ultimatly failed. So if you could post some advice it would be appreciated .
find your self a bukkit/spigot jar from a safe resource, then if on windows, create a new folder. in that folder place the bukkit/spigot jar.
then in the same folder create a new text file and call it StartServer, open it and enter this:
java -Xmx1000M -jar <spigot or bukkit jar name>.jar -o true
PAUSE
Then save the file as StartServer.bat.
run the bat file and you should be good to go :D

owlcool

Verified Member
find your self a bukkit/spigot jar from a safe resource, then if on windows, create a new folder. in that folder place the bukkit/spigot jar.
then in the same folder create a new text file and call it StartServer, open it and enter this:

Then save the file as StartServer.bat.
run the bat file and you should be good to go :D
Holy Gracious That Was Fast!!! And yes my computer is windows. Windows 8 if that matters. I am typing this on a cellular device, so I can't say if this works right away. Thanks either way if it works or does not.

jedk1

Holy Gracious That Was Fast!!! And yes my computer is windows. Windows 8 if that matters. I am typing this on a cellular device, so I can't say if this works right away. Thanks either way if it works or does not.
its how i run all my local testing servers so i dont see why it wouldnt, just make sure when you go to save, you select all files instead of .txt cos you might end up with StartServer.bat.txt (which wouldnt work)

owlcool

Verified Member
Yeah, I don't know why I put Holy Thank You in there. Just came to me.

owlcool

Verified Member
its how i run all my local testing servers so i dont see why it wouldnt, just make sure when you go to save, you select all files instead of .txt cos you might end up with StartServer.bat.txt (which wouldnt work)
Mind giving a link to a bukkit jar from a safe source? Just saves me 10 seconds.

jedk1

cant, not allowed to with the DMCA requests on spigot bukkit etc, and i do not support torrenting the files (even if thats what you have to do) just be careful cos they wont be official jars and some might have viruses placed in them.

jedk1

Ok basically. A grumpy developer decided to **** everyone over and claim copyright on bukkit etc, which means noone is allowed to download bukkit/spigot etc as the developers cant distribute it. but this topic is not about explaining DMCA, theres enough of that online

owlcool

Verified Member
Could I find a safe one in bukkit.org? I found a craftbukkit recommended build, would that work?

jedk1

Could I find a safe one in bukkit.org? I found a craftbukkit recommended build, would that work?
...did you not understand a word i said? DMCA means they had to remove the downloads. This means you cant download any bukkit/spigot jar for bukkit or spigot sites. i DO NOT condone the ideas of pirating illegal copies of spigot or bukkit.