• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Paralyze Combo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Now I'm resuggesting my old idea http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/paralyze-combo.3629/ , but this time I'll give valid reasons/arguments why it is "a must have". I hope this time you really consider taking this seriously and adding it, for the reasons that I will tell you why:
  1. ChiBs already have a combo "Immobilize" that does the same thing, so there is no reason in having both of them.
  2. I'm not the only person to complain of this ability super op-ness, when you can just paralyze an opponent in one click and kill him easily by spawing bunch of offensive moves.
Now I'll be suggesting for a better combo that would be replacement of Immobilize and Paralyze. Here's a few ideas I wanna toss in:
  1. The Combo could be use like this: Acrobatstance (activated) > Jump > Swiftstrike/QuickStrike. The User must do the last execution in mid-air jumped. This is a reference how I seen the actual Ty Lee doing it.
  2. Reduce the chance to 15% for paralyse effect duration to be regular. The other big percentage will have a shorter duration of the effect.
  3. The Effect will not be executed by the following conditions:
    1. Getting hit by a defender before when attempting to swift/quickstrike in mid-air.
    2. Catching the fall/falling without even excuting it properly
    3. When it is on the cooldown (duh!)
That's all I got for today (thinking of adding something else).

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Now I'm resuggesting my old idea http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/paralyze-combo.3629/ , but this time I'll give valid reasons/arguments why it is "a must have". I hope this time you really consider taking this seriously and adding it, for the reasons that I will tell you why:
  1. ChiBs already have a combo "Immobilize" that does the same thing, so there is no reason in having both of them.
  2. I'm not the only person to complain of this ability super op-ness, when you can just paralyze an opponent in one click and kill him easily by spawing bunch of offensive moves.
Now I'll be suggesting for a better combo that would be replacement of Immobilize and Paralyze. Here's a few ideas I wanna toss in:
  1. The Combo could be use like this: Acrobatstance (activated) > Jump > Swiftstrike/QuickStrike. The User must do the last execution in mid-air jumped. This is a reference how I seen the actual Ty Lee doing it.
  2. Reduce the chance to 15% for paralyse effect duration to be regular. The other big percentage will have a shorter duration of the effect.
    1. Getting hit by a defender before when attempting to swift/quickstrike in mid-air.
Great combo! I would like this to be added. As a server owner, if you don't like Paralyze and Immobilize then configurably remove it (like what @Loony did with his server) considering there are some who still admire these moves/combos.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Yeah, you can configure it, but it is no excuse for the pk to leave an op move enabled by default, because it is so wrong.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Yeah, you can configure it, but it is no excuse for the pk to leave an op move enabled by default, because it is so wrong.
Actually it is, because its not op in other people's perspectives that's why you can disable it if you don't like it because people like it more than dislike. Complaining about paralyze and immobilize at default states when you can simply disable them from configuration is not an excuse.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Actually it is, because its not op in other people's perspectives that's why you can disable it if you don't like it because people like it more than dislike. Complaining about paralyze and immobilize at default states when you can simply disable them from configuration is not an excuse.
It is Definantly op. Ask a chi blocker to paralyze(not immobilize) you before you both start sparring. What would happen after that?
>Chi: RapidPunch, RapidPunch, QuickStrike
>You: *still standing, unabled to move*
>
Chi: Swiftkick, QuickStrike
>You: *still standing like a dweep*
>Chi: *repeats everything* Paw, Paw, Puff. You is death.....

Liek, if u cri evietiem!

Unless you wanna share a counter for us of this iritimidated fatal bloodsucker mitee to prove me wrong, then be my guess. In my opinion, this is basically a variation move of bloodbending, that locks the player in place, when it is enabled by default

Last edited:

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
It is Definantly op. Ask a chi blocker to paralyze(not immobilize) you before you both start sparring. What would happen after that?
>Chi: RapidPunch, RapidPunch, QuickStrike
>You: *still standing, unabled to move*
>
Chi: Swiftkick, QuickStrike
>You: *still standing like a dweep*
>Chi: *repeats everything* Paw, Paw, Puff. You is death.....

Liek, if u cri evietiem!

Unless you wanna share a counter for us of this iritimidated fatal bloodsucker mitee to prove me wrong, then be my guess. In my opinion, this is basically a variation move of bloodbending, that locks the player in place, when it is enabled by default
And this doesn't apply to any other elements?

Once you're trapped in water, waterbenders can spam you.
Firebenders can spam fireburst.
Airbenders can suffocate you.
Earthbenders can lavabend insta-kill you.

Maybe if you not narrow-mindedly picked on chi. Maybe you'd see that chi needs paralyze just as much to protect themselves. And bending is an opposition. Do you think its that easy to take down a bender with swift and barrage-ful techniques?

HydroMan

Verified Member
And this doesn't apply to any other elements?

Once you're trapped in water, waterbenders can spam you.
Firebenders can spam fireburst.
Airbenders can suffocate you.
Earthbenders can lavabend insta-kill you.

Maybe if you not narrow-mindedly picked on chi. Maybe you'd see that chi needs paralyze just as much to protect themselves. And bending is an opposition. Do you think its that easy to take down a bender with swift and barrage-ful techniques?
Alot of op things are applied to other elemenet, and I can't deny that, but paralyze being stand alone ability with just one click with no effort to paralyze a target and with other moves helps gives an effortless a final fatal blow to the target is just....not... what chi is all suppose to be. And you are right that chi won't have much protection for themselveswithout paralyses, so there for you can see that Im suggesting making into a combo. Even without having a combo/ability that immobilizes players, there are still others ways around this, still retaining that sufficent protection for chi-b's (like one of the examples are finn's requested ability, that disables the player's shifting/LMB clicking feature, rendering them to only fight in hand-to-hand combat, which they already suck at it)

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Alot of op things are applied to other elemenet, and I can't deny that, but paralyze being stand alone ability with just one click with no effort to paralyze a target and with other moves helps gives an effortless a final fatal blow to the target is just....not... what chi is all suppose to be. And you are right that chi won't have much protection for themselveswithout paralyses, so there for you can see that Im suggesting making into a combo. Even without having a combo/ability that immobilizes players, there are still others ways around this, still retaining that sufficent protection for chi-b's (like one of the examples are finn's requested ability, that disables the player's shifting/LMB clicking feature, rendering them to only fight in hand-to-hand combat, which they already suck at it)
That I can agree with

Hero

Verified Member
omg. Dont make paralyze a combo. Ive played on servers without paralyze and let me tell you, it makes things 10x harder.

Hero

Verified Member
Mmm, I dont like you turning it into a combo. But I think the chances should be lowerd if you dont have acrobatstance and null if you have warriorstance. Also, you cant paralyze a paralyzed person on the cooldown already. You can only paralyze other people. (Its like a 5 seconds cooldown per person) I know alot of people say Chi is op because of paralyze, but its extremely underwhelming and underpowered without paralyze. Chi is just one of those things that a server owner has to config.

HydroMan

Verified Member
omg. Dont make paralyze a combo. Ive played on servers without paralyze and let me tell you, it makes things 10x harder.
It is already a combo, lol. And it is called "Immobilize" (do /b ["h"/"d"] chicombos for it's information)

Hero

Verified Member
For the sake of the poors benders that get spank by chi blockers - NO!
I have a feeling you dont play as chi too often. Without paralyze, firebenders can spam firejet. Waterbenders can not only spam surge but can also swiftswim away if they can. Earthbenders can catapult and lava bend you. Air is just o-o

I understand fighting chi is hard as it is and I believe there should be a change, but I dont quite think this is one of thoses changes just because it makes Chi has an element extremely underwhelming. Its basically like taking bottlebending away and making a waterbender fight from a 1x1 pond.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I can agree on the paralyze being op. I played a chi as a myself for a few months, and let me tell you all that it is so eassyyyyy to kill a person while they are paralyzed. This should definitely be left only as a combo.

Hero

Verified Member
I can agree on the paralyze being op. I played a chi as a myself for a few months, and let me tell you all that it is so eassyyyyy to kill a person while they are paralyzed. This should definitely be left only as a combo.
Eh, chi needs help. If you make Paralyze a combo, it's actually ten times harder to do anything. If you leave it as it is, then its op. I think its more chi itself that needs a change rather than its moves.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Something should replace the Paralyze ability. For example a technique that slows them down; causing slowness effect to the punched mob/player instead;

Status
Not open for further replies.