• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Optimizing Bending

Majorite

Verified Member
Hello everyone. I made this post to discuss bending tips and tricks to optimize it. I do not know all the tricks and tips, so post some in the comments so more people can know. I will put all the ones I know below.

Waterbending:
Combos:

-Waterspout upwards, once you are high enough for your liking, switch slots to WaterManipulation. Shift to select a source, like you normally would, and attack your enemy. It gives you a height advantage.
-Send a Surge Wave at a person. Make it freeze over. Go find water and use HealingWaters. This is a great combo if you are low on health.
-IceSpike + Any other move. This is always a great combination. It is very effective and works great!
-PhaseChange a body of water to ice. Have the victim walk on the ice. Look up with the IceSpike slot selected and shift. Pillars of ice will launch the victim up and slowing them down. You can spam this. c:

Tips:
-Make sure to hit Airbenders (or any type of bender) with Ice Spike. It helps a lot!
-When falling with no waterbending blocks below you, make sure to bring a Surge Shield. Look strait down with the shield working. You will fall into its water/ice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope these tips helped. This is just for Waterbending, but if you have more tips and tricks to optimize more people's bending, put it below. I hope this helped!

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
One thing that helps a lot is keeping surge bound close to water manip, i tend to keep icespike, watermanip, and surge all near each other. Surge helps a lot when fighting fire or earthbenders, as freezing them will cause whatever they are charging to be ineffective. Also, if you are able to, having multiple watermanips in the air at the same time can help, but its hard to do this while fighting, because depending on how skilled and accurate you are, it takes a while to get going.

X_Eco

Verified Member
This is not really a tip more like a trick.Not sure if it works with project korra.Shoot torrent out as normal then move your cursor around still shifting.You should see torrent trying to move to the cursor so it doesn't disappear.Make sure it doesn't meet your cursor or hit a block.

Surge(shield)->Surge(wave)->Torrent(Shooting)

Nether trick.Bend the mushroom using surge in shield form.Blocks ghast attack kills blaze and makes an obsidian path on the lava.

Trying to reach higher places.Torrent on the ground then keep stacking them up.Now use water sprout.

Shift with a non bending slot and do what she does.

She is my ex-girl friend.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
This is not really a tip more like a trick.Not sure if it works with project korra.Shoot torrent out as normal then move your cursor around still shifting.You should see torrent trying to move to the cursor so it doesn't disappear.Make sure it doesn't meet your cursor or hit a block.
What you are doing with Torrent is just redirecting it, and as long as it doesn't go outside of the range of the move you won't lose the water.