• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Oh and another for EarthSmash

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Let's say an earthbender is in a similar enviroment like so:

With EarthSmash bind selected, looking at the void/air should charge it.

Then after it's charge, the ability should then pull up all of those scattered blocks (if they're bendable), and form (from them) the earthsmash ball thing.

RaiseEarth:
I think the concept above of 'seperated blocks' should also be applied to this ability.

When sneak at the block, that isn't bendable, again-- the blocks around the user would then be pulled up, rushing towards that punched/crouched distance and form a pillar/wall thing.

(When I'll get home, I'll code in to provide what the animation should look like).

Misc.

Last edited:

NickC1211

Verified Member
Wow I really like this it can allow earth benders to basically reuse earth in environments that lack it. Maybe earth smash once it hits the target can scatter the blocks back on the ground to be reused.
And if you use earthblast it falls back to the ground.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If earthbending has revert set to on, I don't think we need them to scatter again when the bender could just wait for the blocks to reappear in their original spot.

NickC1211

Verified Member
If earthbending has revert set to on, I don't think we need them to scatter again when the bender could just wait for the blocks to reappear in their original spot.
But what's if your battling someone in a room with only a few blocks of earth if they just disappear your screwed, plus it's more realistic for them to fall back to the ground or scatter.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Can't argue with that, but... waterbenders are also put into the same problem (how long can you stay in a stranded desert area before you run out of cactuses?). Another thing, it would mess up the arena when the groun is full of bendable stuff. If we have it detect if vicinity is lacking of the element, with do if the check result is positive - that may used too much of data resource, and... you guessed lag. However, that is just my speculation.

Thought, I think earthsmash reuse wouldn't be a bad idea? How about we limit it to how much (config integar value) times it can be reused? And instead of it crumpling into blocks, how about the whole object should stay in place before reverting to certain, (medium I'd suggest), amount of time?

NickC1211

Verified Member
Can't argue with that, but... waterbenders are also put into the same problem (how long can you stay in a stranded desert area before you run out of cactuses?). Another thing, it would mess up the arena when the groun is full of bendable stuff. If we have it detect if vicinity is lacking of the element, with do if the check result is positive - that may used too much of data resource, and... you guessed lag. However, that is just my speculation.

Thought, I think earthsmash reuse wouldn't be a bad idea? How about we limit it to how much (config integar value) times it can be reused? And instead of it crumpling into blocks, how about the whole object should stay in place before reverting to certain, (medium I'd suggest), amount of time?
Sounds good to me :D

tyggerr

Verified Member
What you want to achieve is quite complex, let me split it in various steps :

1. Find the "center" of the "structure" you want to generate (the block for EarthSmash, the wall for EarthRaise, etc.). This is used to know around what Location to look.
2. Starting from the center, look for valid blocks by expanding the area (using Dijsktra's algorithm is probably a good start).
3. Once you have all the blocks you need, you need to find WHERE to place them in the "structure". This is the complex part, since you do not want the blocks on the right to go on the left side while those on the left side go on the right.
4. You have to check for "line of sight", you do not want blocks going through walls.
5. Once all your source blocks and their destination are paired you can start moving them :p

NickC1211

Verified Member
This will be good for earth it's like their equivalent of waterbenders being able to bend flowing water.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Still, I think revert option duration should be solution for this. If a server owners wants, they could set the revert option smaller to allow the blocks revert quickly and not get screwed (unless obviously the cooldown of earthsmash gets in their arse).