• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Octopusform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
Hello, I've been thinking for a while, and this water move really needs some changes in my opinion
It can be used to fight mobs.. but against players it isn't really good... The fact that you need to shift makes you slow, it gives them time to run away. Even If you finally manage to get them on low heath, they'll just run away because the knockback knocks them far enough away to escape.
Most of the time. Chiblockers or other benders just jump through it and start killing you.. so the defense isn't that great as well.. and if you aim Attacks good you can get them through the tentacles....

What i'd like to see is an option to expand the arms. like katara did in the show. So if you click on a target that's around 6 blocks far from you, the arms would expand and go there and hit the target.

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
With octopusform now, I think that in avatarstate it should have the ability to be toggleable (All something the administrators would need to allow), or have it so you can hold it around yourself without shifting, but has a limit for how long you can use it. When the move would stop, the water would fall around you, but not leaving any sources. With this a waterbender could quicky freeze it, almost re-purposing the water they got.

AngryWaterbender

Verified Member
We all know that avatar state is almost always disabled on servers. Honestly the idea of expanding the arms at an enemy is pretty much the idea of octopus form how I see it. I hate creepin along and then hitting somebody for a heart just to have to creep along again to hit them AGAIN and chase them forever as I'm going slower than ever. I believe this should be a natural ability for all water benders! This idea is super simple, but great. Waterbending is about range. Waterman, torrent, icespike! Having to creep up on an enemy should of course still be a thing, but the extended reach simply has to be added. I can't touch anyone unless I have something like this. Please add this idea!

By the way, don't add the idea of not shifting. That's just not a good idea in my opinion. The shifting to creep along slowly just makes sense to have to reach out and hit somebody. If you didn't have to shift, fire benders and earth benders would be sent packing. It's too op. Even with a time limit.

Seriously though. I would LOVE to see extended reach on octoform.

-AngryWaterbender >:U

Last edited:

Joeri

Verified Member
We all know that avatar state is almost always disabled on servers. Honestly the idea of expanding the arms at an enemy is pretty much the idea of octopus form how I see it. I hate creepin along and then hitting somebody for a heart just to have to creep along again to hit them AGAIN and chase them forever as I'm going slower than ever. I believe this should be a natural ability for all water benders! This idea is super simple, but great. Waterbending is about range. Waterman, torrent, icespike! Having to creep up on an enemy should of course still be a thing, but the extended reach simply has to be added. I can't touch anyone unless I have something like this. Please add this idea!

By the way, don't add the idea of not shifting. That's just not a good idea in my opinion. The shifting to creepy along slowly just makes sense to have to reach out and hit somebody. If you didn't have to shift, fire benders and earth benders would be sent packing. It's too op. Even with a time limit.

Seriously though. I would LOVE to see extended reach on octoform.

-AngryWaterbender >:U
I agree with you on this. Nvm the non shift option. That would indeed be OP seeing how you would just run up to earthbender or firebenders and knock them out

AngryWaterbender

Verified Member
Any other ideas you think would be good? I always thought it should be implemented that when you release octopusform to continue walking, the source block would return to its original source. Small details make plugins after all. Just a though. What's your opinion on some of these things?

- >:u

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you read what zmeduna said, his idea for the not holding shift was in fact for the Avatar State! Considering we already have some nice moves in toggle with the AS, this isn't actually a bad idea!

AngryWaterbender

Verified Member
He's saying that in the avatar state you can walk with the new buffed octopus form. Well, AS is literally the definition of over powered, why the heck not?
But the extended reach should definently be added for everyone. Octopusform has needed a buff in SOMETHING for almost a year. And reach is the way to go.

- >:U

Joeri

Verified Member
He's saying that in the avatar state you can walk with the new buffed octopus form. Well, AS is literally the definition of over powered, why the heck not?
But the extended reach should definently be added for everyone. Octopusform has needed a buff in SOMETHING for almost a year. And reach is the way to go.

- >:U
The post isn't about AS though. I want a better octopusform for everyone, not to OverPowered though

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
I'm afraid OctopusForm will slowly turn into Torrent if the arms extend though. If they retract after about 6 blocks, that'd be fine by me. Another idea is to merge Torrent and OctopusForm entirely.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
I don't think merging Torrent/OctopusForm is a good idea. I also think the shift effect should be like the shift for LavaFlow. If you hold shift it will stay indefinitely but if you let go of shift the lava (or in this case octoform) would remain for 3 seconds or so.

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
This is a great idea!!! I like the retraction after six blocks, the octopus form staying for around three seconds, and the extended reach. This should totally be added.

6tijn

Verified Member
I really like the idea that the arms could expand when your victem runs away! Maybe when hit the arms could pull the victim closer to you to prevent him/her from fleeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.