• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Octopus Form Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immallama

Verified Member
Just another idea I'd like to get an opinion on. As it is now, Octopus Form is pretty much useless because of how slow you move while using it. No one will willingly walk close to you and it's not very good for stopping projectiles. Honestly you're better off using a frozen surge. Even if by chance someone does get close to you, attacking them only knocks them back where you can't hit them due to your speed. It honestly just works against itself.

To fix these issues I propose one change. Instead of just knocking back players, clicking with no one around should extend one of your tentacles that could grab players. Grabbing players could work similar to bloodbending, except clicking would slam them into the ground or other surfaces instead of throwing them into the air. Additionally, when tentacles are extended they can block projectiles like earthblast, watermanip, fireblast, and airblast.

Some examples of this:

(I know these gifs are all water arms but they're still the same tentacles)

Thoughts?

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
What most waterbenders use this for, is when they use surge to freeze the player, then kill the player with octopusform as they are trapped in ice.. I also agree that you should be able to make your tentacles go out to hit the player with decent knockback.

Immallama

Verified Member
What most waterbenders use this for, is when they use surge to freeze the player, then kill the player with octopusform as they are trapped in ice.. I also agree that you should be able to make your tentacles go out to hit the player with decent knockback.
I kind of find that cheap to be honest. Though I can't really complain because I've done it before :/

Kiam

Verified Member
Octopus form is good if you're blinded xD And I do like the idea of extendable arms. It would make a lot of sense

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I've always dreaded the idea of coding extendable tentacles, whenever I see WaterWhip and FireWhip requests my stomach gets upset just thinking about it.

I improved OctopusForm on my old server by doubling the forming speed It was fast enough to where you could water passive jump out of the water and basically have a fully formed OForm by the time you hit the ground. If I recall correctly the "interval" variable in the OctopusForm file controlled the speed, so perhaps a simpler fix would be to create a configuration option for OForm forming speed.

Immallama

Verified Member
I've always dreaded the idea of coding extendable tentacles, whenever I see WaterWhip and FireWhip requests my stomach gets upset just thinking about it.

I improved OctopusForm on my old server by doubling the forming speed It was fast enough to where you could water passive jump out of the water and basically have a fully formed OForm by the time you hit the ground. If I recall correctly the "interval" variable in the OctopusForm file controlled the speed, so perhaps a simpler fix would be to create a configuration option for OForm forming speed.
I can imagine how it could be tough to make. Torrent is kind of like a tentacle if you think about it though.

Chen

Verified Member
This is a great suggestion, and it would work well with Velocity Damage if you're slamming opponents on your surroundings.

Immallama

Verified Member
This is a great suggestion, and it would work well with Velocity Damage if you're slamming opponents on your surroundings.
I definitely would! I think it'd be cool just to be able to grab people and toss them around.

Shadowx329

Verified Member
Wow just watching that clip where Kya slams Zaheer into the ground with the water arms looks brutal, Yet amazing... I would love to hulk smash people with a octopus made from water.

iocobus

Verified Member
I think it could be just like a octopus form but on more of a quick notice kinda like a one sided octopus form.

Status
Not open for further replies.