• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied obsidian bending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer3475

Verified Member
i was just thinking and obsidian has lava in it
so i thought lava benders should be able to use obsidian for their bending sources
and it would deal double the damage maybe be pk cud add some obsidian moves possibly

Gahshunk

Verified Member
This is a tricky one. Obsidian really has little to do with lavabending since it's a solid rock and it can even be added to the list of earthbendable blocks in the config for all earthbenders. Yet, I see how this would correlate to lavabending.

Matt

Verified Member
I think this would be sort of odd in the core plugin especially and as far as I am aware this is pretty non canon.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think they should just make a "lavabendable" list that lava moves would follow. Course some lava moves would have to be updated

Matt

Verified Member
Obsidian is hard rock, it should be earth bendable with that owners can add it to the block list in the config

Migsel

Verified Member
Bruh, all rocks are just solid lava. All lava is melted rock. It's called the rock cycle. Please, STAY IN SCHOOL.

Moonelight

Verified Member
This is a tricky one. Obsidian really has little to do with lavabending since it's a solid rock and it can even be added to the list of earthbendable blocks in the config for all earthbenders. Yet, I see how this would correlate to lavabending.
In the series final of TLOK, Bolin is obsidian bending.

Matt

Verified Member
Tbh the point is if a server really wants it they can add it to the earthbendables list, I don't think this deserves its own "ObsidianBlast"

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Volcanic glass, same as bending crystals. Lava not included.
Would be an interesting tweak to Earthbending if falling on obsidian they still take fall damage, yet are able to use basic earthbending moves on it. Since the animation for saving them from fall is turning the ground under them to sand, but I don't exactly see that being very easy to do with crystals/obsidian.

Status
Not open for further replies.