• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New water combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Name: Stream

Description: this is going to be a big combo for waterbenders that will make offense and defense more fluid. This move allows you to control a body of water and manipulate it to your will. Basically when you preform the combo you are in control of a stream of water that you can use to slice and swipe at people or shoot. Once the move is active you can switch slots to change the size of the stream from the size of a torrent to a big blob of water. To use just swipe your cursor at your opponent and to shoot the stream left click. If you want to dissipate it shift.

I have not worked out what the combo should be and I'll be happy to take suggestion.

So basically:
Slot 1: torrent size
Slot 2: 4x4 size stream
Slot 3: big blob (no other way to describe it lol)

The torrent sized can be use for quick sharp slices at your opponent, the 4x4 stream would be more of a punch with some knockback, and the big blob can be used as a shield or a big wave(like surge) to push your opponent back.

Damage:
Depending on which slot your on the damage varies. Slot one I think should be half a heart every slice or swipe sense it is quick. The stream should be 2 1/2 hearts plus knockback, and the big blob would be 1 heart and big knockback.

Cool down: I haven't figured this out yet but open to suggestions.

This move is pretty undeveloped but it could be great with some fine tuning. Tell me what you think and how I can improve :)

Last edited:

Andrew Sensei

Verified Member
Aaaaand so it's basically merging waterflow, (combo) and geyserrush (ability) into one thing. Also since when can you bind combos to slots? And how do you even use it? Left-click, Tap shift, Hold shift? In my opinion I think you should explain a little bit more.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Ya sry it's not so specific I'm still working out the kinks but thanks for the advice. And it's not exactly like water flow and idk what geyser Rush is. And it would bind like water arms does or like water smash did

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
First off, @Andrew Sensei and @IceEyes you guys have this all wrong. You cannot tell her / him (sorry don't know your gender) that they cannot suggest this because WaterFlow and Geyser Rush IS NOT in official ProjectKorra. Whatever outside moves you have does not concern this.

Second of all, waterbending does not any type of big streaming move besides torrent yet in the show, it has been seen for waterbenders to bend big streams of water.

The thinner the stream is the longer it is so when I gets bigger it gets shorter.
Third of all, this makes it less overpowered and more realistic..

NickC1211

Verified Member
T
First off, @Andrew Sensei and @IceEyes you guys have this all wrong. You cannot tell her / him (sorry don't know your gender) that they cannot suggest this because WaterFlow and Geyser Rush IS NOT in official ProjectKorra. Whatever outside moves you have does not concern this.

Second of all, waterbending does not any type of big streaming move besides torrent yet in the show, it has been seen for waterbenders to bend big streams of water.

Third of all, this makes it less overpowered and more realistic..
thanks so much for the support :)

Tenket

Verified Member
This would be a pretty good multimove combo. It matches what waterbending should be about.

However, these kind of moves can be a bit rigid to enter and exit from. Like water arms for example. Brilliant move but canceling can break flow.
Sounds like you are combining torrent, watermanipulation, and the shield from surge together. This can already be done with an item source and the existing bound moves.

And taiko's idea a while back was for waterbenders to reuse the same source, this could be a way to implement your idea.

NickC1211

Verified Member
This would be a pretty good multimove combo. It matches what waterbending should be about.

However, these kind of moves can be a bit rigid to enter and exit from. Like water arms for example. Brilliant move but canceling can break flow.
Sounds like you are combining torrent, watermanipulation, and the shield from surge together. This can already be done with an item source and the existing bound moves.

And taiko's idea a while back was for waterbenders to reuse the same source, this could be a way to implement your idea.
I know what you mean this move could be rigid and awkward at start and finish. Also it's kind of just a pretty broad move that basically is what waterbending is about. Not really watermanip but it is like the other moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.