• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New Water Combo (Maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
In the show, there has been multiple times of a waterbender freezing his or her waterspout (Sorry, I couldn't find a GIF). But when they freeze it, it for some reason makes the waterspout curve then freeze giving waterbenders hight.

Now, I don't know if this should be a combo but this is how it would go: Get on water spout, move forwards and click with phasechange.

Screenshot (May not be the best way to picture it, but gives an idea):
2015-04-04_10.55.31.png

Also, you can kinda see a waterbender freezing hes/her waterspout in this fighting GIF (Thanks @Fly, that GIF will be good for future suggestions) (Also, please ignore the fact the earthbender one shots the waterbender with one attack):
TndjFdv.gif

Thank you for your time and I hope you like my suggestion.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
This might come in handy while fighting some earthbenders. If you freeze a waterspout ,they ain't gonna make u fall with raiseearth ,as the icespout might not required water below you and the ice might cover the ground that they won't able to click in order to spawn raiseearth below the spout :D. This might also have advantage over water/airbubble as well ,so this will keep you in height as the ice isn't affected by the bubble :D

Last edited:

Janny

Verified Member
This might come in handy while fighting some earthbenders. If you freeze a waterspout ,they ain't gonna make u fall with raiseearth ,as the icespout might not required water below you and the ice might cover the ground that they won't able to click in order to spawn raiseearth below the spout :D. This might also have advantage over water/airbubble as well ,so this will keep you in height as the ice isn't affected by the bubble :D
:3

Janny

Verified Member
Also guys, if you can take screenshots of better ways of how the frozen waterspout would look like, please post them.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Are we trying to make earthbenders by default the most underpowered element?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm not really underpowering them. I'm saying this would add advantage over raiseearth. They could ofc use others as i would suggest, like earthblast or earthsmash, to cause knockback and they fall from the spout that way.
Yea, an advantage over it is underpowering it. It's already quite underpowered by default with not much offense. Even air has more.

Janny

Verified Member
Earth has a lot of disadvantages. I don't wanna start an argument on this.
I can agree, earth has MANY disadvantages. First of all, if an earthbender is fighting a waterbender that is camping in the water, the earthbender is practically powerless. Fire damage has a great impact as earthbenders have no way to avoid it from firebenders except for catapulting to water which would leave the earthbender powerless. Also, airbenders are too fast for earthbenders not giving them a clear shot to attack the airbender.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I can agree, earth has MANY disadvantages. First of all, if an earthbender is fighting a waterbender that is camping in the water, the earthbender is practically powerless. Fire damage has a great impact as earthbenders have no way to avoid it from firebenders except for catapulting to water which would leave the earthbender powerless. Also, airbenders are too fast for earthbenders not giving them a clear shot to attack the airbender.
Earth would stand a bit of a better chance if it had a better offense and it wasn't just random moves. And if it had a combo or two. Right now, earth is lacking any kind of fluidity, which is stupid because even in the show there was a rhythm to an earthbenders attacks.

Janny

Verified Member
Earth would stand a bit of a better chance if it had a better offense and it wasn't just random moves. And if it had a combo or two. Right now, earth is lacking any kind of fluidity, which is stupid because even in the show there was a rhythm to an earthbenders attacks.
If it makes you any happy, I am suggesting an offensive earth move right now ^3^.

Hero

Verified Member
A frozen spout........Kewl! Now I can fly over meh enemies without any meanies cutting meh spout.

Status
Not open for further replies.