• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Skill Waterbending - Freezing touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Max

Verified Member
With a touch freeze your opponent and give a little damage (one heart), the opponent will be thawed altomaticamente after 5s. The ability can be disfeita with common powers that make the ice melt (PhaseChange, among others ..). The skill will be active when the Waterbender give 1 hit on your opponent. The ability can be used on top of other (waterspout, among others ..).

I thought this skill, why in the Serie Korra Waterbenders use this ability to touch freezing. I hope you like my suggestion.

Thank you. ^^

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
Okay, so with this ability I have my doubts. I feel it can easily be overpowered, especially when fighting chiblockers. Plus, I don't really understand why damage needs to should be dealt to activate it; it seems more fitting without it.

You used some foreign words in place of the English ones. My guess is they translate to "automatically" and "disabled."

Also, after the opponent is thawed within the ice they are in water within an ice cage, which means there is a risk of drowning since this effect is permanent. Once the ability is activated how does the waterbender that activated it get out?

I don't really understand why WaterSpout would be used with something like this, but fair enough.

As cool as this ability is, I think it needs some adjustments if it could be implemented since it seems kind of overpowered right now.

Migsel

Verified Member
Okay, so with this ability I have my doubts. I feel it can easily be overpowered, especially when fighting chiblockers. Plus, I don't really understand why damage needs to should be dealt to activate it; it seems more fitting without it.

You used some foreign words in place of the English ones. My guess is they translate to "automatically" and "disabled."

Also, after the opponent is thawed within the ice they are in water within an ice cage, which means there is a risk of drowning since this effect is permanent. Once the ability is activated how does the waterbender that activated it get out?

I don't really understand why WaterSpout would be used with something like this, but fair enough.

As cool as this ability is, I think it needs some adjustments if it could be implemented since it seems kind of overpowered right now.
He meant that after 5 seconds, the person that got frozen will be able to move again (or at least I thinks).

Kwesi

Verified Member
He meant that after 5 seconds, the person that got frozen will be able to move again (or at least I thinks).
By the way it was worded I think he meant the inner ice melts into water around the player so they can move within the ice, at least that's how I read it.

Ryan Max

Verified Member
Within the Waterbender be frozen along with the opponent. The Waterbender able to leave the ice est'a around his opponent

In Waterbender be frozen along with the opponent. The Waterbender able to leave this ice around his opponent*

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
Within the Waterbender be frozen along with the opponent. The Waterbender able to leave the ice est'a around his opponent

In Waterbender be frozen along with the opponent. The Waterbender able to leave this ice around his opponent*
How will the waterbender be able to leave exactly? Do you have any idea?

Ryan Max

Verified Member
How will the waterbender be able to leave exactly? Do you have any idea?
Player automatically when the ice freezes his opponent would not be very large. When ice is created will push the player who used the ability

Kwesi

Verified Member
Okay, so what I'm understanding from this is, that the player that used the ability will be pushed back out from the ice, leaving the victim inside?

RedAlert

Verified Member
With a touch freeze your opponent and give a little damage (one heart), the opponent will be thawed altomaticamente after 5s. The ability can be disfeita with common powers that make the ice melt (PhaseChange, among others ..). The skill will be active when the Waterbender give 1 hit on your opponent. The ability can be used on top of other (waterspout, among others ..).

I thought this skill, why in the Serie Korra Waterbenders use this ability to touch freezing. I hope you like my suggestion.

Thank you. ^^

It sounds good; however, I think this would be unfair against airbenders, eartbenders, and chiblockers, because if they got freeze like with torrent, they cant really get out from that, and this would even deal with damage. And if some is freezed and that player breaks the ice in his/her head, the waterbender can take them out with icespike

Kwesi

Verified Member
It think it's sensible for this ability to be coded in a way that the ice cannot be later used as a source for bending. I definitely know what you mean about how it could be really inconvenient for the others really quickly. I just hope that is can be made in a way that could make it a bit more balance, because it would be a nice addition if implemented.

Zolteex

Verified Member
This ability is similar to Paralyze. We work for individuality among the different abilities, and I'm doubting it's actual use. Thank you for your activity on the Project Korra forums, it is always appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.