• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Plant Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Sprout:
With sprout bound tap shift on a grass dirt block and grass will appear. then click into any direction to send a line of grass blocks at your opponent (looks kinda like EarthLine). You can shoot about 3 before the cooldown kicks in, and each one does half a heart. This one goes into cooldown after one attack.

Next if you hold shift for then click you will send off a bigger more powerful grass line, if it hits a target that entity will be given slowness.

Lastly if you hold shift then release shift you send off grass in all direction ensnaring those around you temporarily.

Ensnaring a person would look like tall grass and they would not be able to move for about 2 seconds. This would have a large cooldown.

Attachments

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You can shoot about 3 before the cooldown kicks in, and each one does half a heart. This one goes into cooldown after one attack.
May you explain why that exactly deals damage?
Next if you hold shift for then click you will send off a bigger more powerful grass line, if it hits a target that entity will be given slowness.
Lastly if you hold shift then release shift you send off grass in all direction ensnaring those around you temporarily.
I like those two.
Next if you tap shift on a leaf then click in a direction, a whip will shoot off. You can click to control it like watermanipulation.
And what application does that provide?
Next if you hold shift on a leaf then click you will be surrounded by a protective dome of leaves for about 5 seconds.
How is it any way useful than IceBullet? Seems like this is an excuse for a weaker version.

NickC1211

Verified Member

I like those two.

How is it any way useful than IceBullet? Seems like this is an excuse for a weaker version.
Ok the grass line is just a basic plant attack
And the leaf thing is basically just plant whip
And I don't love the last one but I thought the move needed some sort of defensive quality.

But thanks a lot for your honest opinion i want this move to be useful

NickC1211

Verified Member

I like those two.

Should I just make grass line it's own move?

NickC1211

Verified Member
That wasn't the question. I asked with initial"why". I don't think getting contact with a grass (or wine) would actually harm a person.
Well I'm assuming that it's sharp because in the same way a waterbenders can make water hurt they can make plants hurt.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Click "thread tools", that is next to "unwatch thread". You'll get a drop down menu, so click "edit title".

SirBeros

Verified Member
hey Nick i like your sugesstion
i think if we would work this out that will this become a sweet new move and than this could be finnaly the 'bigging' of plantbending
i wish you gl , beceaus i think plantbending will open allot of more doors
greets
sirberos

NickC1211

Verified Member
hey Nick i like your sugesstion
i think if we would work this out that will this become a sweet new move and than this could be finnaly the 'bigging' of plantbending
i wish you gl , beceaus i think plantbending will open allot of more doors
greets
sirberos
Thanks a lot nice to meet you awesome person xD

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I don't think getting contact with a grass (or wine) would actually harm a person.
Imagine it like a bunch of paper cuts. A waterbender could pressurize the water inside the blades of grass, making them "hard" and then the thin blades of grass can just slice a bit of your clothes and skin without breaking. That's how I picture it at least.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Imagine it like a bunch of paper cuts. A waterbender could pressurize the water inside the blades of grass, making them "hard" and then the thin blades of grass can just slice a bit of your clothes and skin without breaking. That's how I picture it at least.
Yes yes thank you for putting it into words

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't mean to burst your bubble, but sadly this is not even remotely feasible. Do you know how much water is in a single blade of grass? Not a lot. 85% of less than a gram of weight. Water has a density of approximately 1g/ml meaning if you have less than a gram of grass, of which 85 percent is water. You will have anywhere from .766->.0085 ml of water, depending on the mass of the original grass. Knowing this I highly doubt it is feasible to cause damage with a blade of grass. (Rather than actually bending the water out, which any smart waterbender from the show would do as water is easier to control than a blade of grass)

Also we don't see waterbenders growing grass from the ground using waterbending, we only see them manipulate existing forms of it and extracting water from it.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.