• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New plant bending ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
I think plant bending needs to be looked into as a sub-element. And when i say plant bending i mean moves that rely on plants or leaf blocks to bend.

moves that i suggest are those like RazorLeaf and Rejuvenation, Cocoon, etc

the purpose of plant bending in my opinion should be a mostly offensive but with some defensive moves since, plz note, your fighting away from water.

RazorLeaf- (description) this move once activated will have leaves slowly move around u like torrent does but i suggest closer to your body since your selecting a single block source, once the leaves are circling you, you may have them fly in a straight direction of your choice but you cannot control the direction after firing.
(controls) left click a plant/leafblock to prime your source then hold shift to bring the leafs around you, after that you will look at your opponent and release shift causing the leaves to fly at your target. this is a very simple move a basic offensive move idea for plant benders
(statistics of move) i suggest that with mcstats enabled at unarmed lvl 0 the move does a base damage of 1-1.5 hearts. this move should also resemble earthblast in a since. but at a higher unarmed say 300+ this move should do 4hearts easily in my opinion. now yes that move is op at high unarmed but so are a lot of moves with high unarmed
(night factor) i suggest as a night factor the damage just adds 1.5-2hearts extra damage

Rejuvenation-(description) this move allows a plantbender to not need water to use healingwaters, this move is a plantbenders version, but the plant it rejuvenates from can only give a max of 2 hearts, thus not making it op.
(controls) very simple controls just go to a plant stand within one cube distance and hold shift. You will regen 2 hearts once the two hearts are gained the plant/leafblock will vanish.
(statistics on move) this move is of course a time based move since your not gonna regen instantly i suggest the move take 5s all in all to get 2 hearts from the plant
(night factor) their is no night factor

Cocoon-(description) this move at the moment if implemented would be the main defense move for a plantbender. this move is crucial for plant benders if the going gets tough. what this move does is it takes a leafblock and only a leafblock as a source and once primed and activated u will have what looks to be a cocoon around u of leaves. if your trying to picture how this would look just think of when u get hit by torrent and then frozen, that's what that would be.
(controls) hold shift on the leaf block till primed then release to have a cocoon of leaves around u. if u want the cocoon to vanish hold shift again for equivalent time to prime the move. the move i feel should stay like a cocoon in till either destroyed or removed by that bender, the reason to this is when u get hit by torrent then frozen that stays in till destroyed or removed by bender
(statistics on move) the one reason this move isn't op is the fact that it can be destroyed by other bends bending on it. for example, your in a cocoon and a earthbender is attacking u all he has to do is continue to throw earth blast or whatever at it for every hit one leaf block from the cocoon will vanish. Due to the fact others can destroy it relatively fast makes this move no longer op. a cool down on this move, once the cocoon is made should be about 15s.
(night factor) the cocoon its self should be slightly bigger not much but just bigger

*I do not know how to do gifs and am not sure where i would find a gif of this being used but if you do find one plz put it in the comments if not its no a big issue plant bending wasn't used all that much in legend of korra or tla.

thank you for taking the time to read these moves that hopefully get implemented since plant bending is in dire need of moves

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
First, you can only have one suggestion per thread

Second, why is this in the Items Plugin suggestion?

Third
A. RazorLeaf is a Pokémon move and we try to avoid Pokémon/Naruto look alikes, it also seems like an inferior version to torrent
B. When you refer to "McStats" I think you mean MCMMO and that's not part of the plugin
C. Rejuvenation doesn't really make sense seeing how water is needed for the healing effect and you can just use the healing waters add on to bottle bend to heal
D. Just freeze yourself with torrent to get the same effect for what you're going for with cocoon.

greengabe22

Verified Member
Try being a little more in touch with the series. This is... Pokemon at best. Not Avatar.
It's hardly like pokemon, you're only saying that cause razorleaf is also the move name of a pokemon move lol, not to mention both are very diffrent. I think these moves are a great idea considering that plantbending wasnt used often in the show, we can only guess. although whats the cooldown on the cocoon move? cause if it's lowish that might be a bit OP

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
guys razor leaf is a name and rejuvenation is getting the water from the plant as we all know in the series water exists in plants and mcstats is short for mcmmo as we all know /mcstats is the command for it and is commonly known. and why freeze urself with torrent this is a water sub element move used to get waterbenders from their comfort zone into fighting in another benders zone of territory. their is no reference to pokemon at all just the name. the name can be changed

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
tbh i think just the names if that resemble Pokemon. the names that's it not the moves and im sorry if u couldn't tell im a new member and i did look to see a guideline for suggestions but i didn't find one stating cant suggest multiple so i apologize for that but for waterbenders a good sub element is needed and these moves can get the ball rolling for that

Hero

Verified Member
guys razor leaf is a name and rejuvenation is getting the water from the plant as we all know in the series water exists in plants and mcstats is short for mcmmo as we all know /mcstats is the command for it and is commonly known. and why freeze urself with torrent this is a water sub element move used to get waterbenders from their comfort zone into fighting in another benders zone of territory. their is no reference to pokemon at all just the name. the name can be changed
But MCMMO is a completely different plugin, we dont have any control on what goes on with them.

Hero

Verified Member
tbh i think just the names if that resemble Pokemon. the names that's it not the moves and im sorry if u couldn't tell im a new member and i did look to see a guideline for suggestions but i didn't find one stating cant suggest multiple so i apologize for that but for waterbenders a good sub element is needed and these moves can get the ball rolling for that
There isn't a rule against multiple suggestions, its just not good since staff would have to deny the entire thing because of one move.

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
but yeah ur right i mean its not like i threw super hard un-logical moves i mean they are simple easy commands and don't require much but a leaf source lol

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Not many of these are logical really.
Razorleaf - despite what you said, it is exactly like the move from Pokémon. I've played most the games, and have watched the show for quite a while. I know the move well, very little difference.
Rejuvenation - serves no purpose with healing waters already in the plugin. I'd like to see some unique moves for plantbending, not copies.
Cocoon - useless defensive move. You're basically trapping yourself until a bender gets to you...

Overall, these just don't make sense to me. Sorry

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
what if no water is around rejuvenation has you like i said these move work towards getting the bender away from their large body of water and the cocoon is just a way of stalling to allow u to regen ur hearts or think of ur next move. and i mean razor leaf is open to suggestions i just don't see the issue with the move half the moves already could be used in pokemon i mean surge(splash) or water manip (water slap) i mean trying to argue that a move closely resembles pokemons shouldn't be a factor that stops it from reaching the bending servers. again, the purpose of plant bending is to make the water bender comfortable without a body of water

im sorry if i seem like im arguing i just feel the need to go to battle for these move their are hardly any plant based moves and these are three simple ones that can easily be implemented i mean why not

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
what if no water is around rejuvenation has you like i said these move work towards getting the bender away from their large body of water and the cocoon is just a way of stalling to allow u to regen ur hearts or think of ur next move. and i mean razor leaf is open to suggestions i just don't see the issue with the move half the moves already could be used in pokemon i mean surge(splash) or water manip (water slap) i mean trying to argue that a move closely resembles pokemons shouldn't be a factor that stops it from reaching the bending servers. again, the purpose of plant bending is to make the water bender comfortable without a body of water

im sorry if i seem like im arguing i just feel the need to go to battle for these move their are hardly any plant based moves and these are three simple ones that can easily be implemented i mean why not
Razorleaf is an almost exactly copy of what it is in Pokémon. That's the only problem i have with it, it had differences then I'd happily want it implemented. Rejuvenation and cocoon I just see no point to. I'd say suggest something canon and unique for plantbending first, then start to move to other sources for information.

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
i see ur point but thats the thing before u move to advanced plant moves u need the simple ones i mean one could argue earth has so many moves u know that at least four arent needed that all get the job done the same way. you need the simple plant moves like those before u throw in some advanced plant move. idk i just see these moves completely different than everyone else i guess...i have been a water bender for the last 2 1/2 years im ready for some sub element moves so im just trying to get some out their

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'd suggest suggesting some canon moves first off. That's the best route to get a subelement started.

Ming_Hua

Verified Member
i do have to rant about this. if ur in a forest getting attacked and no lake around healing water wont save you, you cant depend on it ur screwed thats why im saying rejuvenation is crucial . their isnt a lake around 100% of the time. i know the pain of being chased in a forest it freaking sucks without a lake

Status
Not open for further replies.