• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Firebending Move!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
Name: FireWhips or FireLashes please decide in the replies.

Element: Fire

Damage: About the amount of damage of fireblast at night or the default waterarms.

Range: About the range of fireblast or the default waterarms.

Kinda like: This move would be an alternative fire version of waterarms.

How to: Do /bending bind (firewhips/firelashes). Hold shift to start making firewhips/firelashes infront of you (Wouldn't be instant like waterarms, I'd say 2-3 seconds). Then click to shoot out one of the whips/lashes. The whip/lash wouldn't go straight back like waterarms, instead it will be kept extended and the player can move his head to control the motion of the whip/lash. The player can click again to extend the second whip/lash to which both whip/lashes can be controlled by the bender. To unextend them one or both whip/lashes, tap shift.

Proof this was in and canon to the show:
Zuko is show using FireWhips/FireLashes at: 1:05 - 1:17 and at 1:57 - 2:07.

Also, in this video, you can see the Prison Guard using Fire/Whips/FireLashes at: 7:08 - 7:19 and at 7:52 - 8:00.

Why it is not OP: The firewhip/firelashes would only do the damage of a fireblast at night or the damage of default waterarms which is not powerful. Also, this move would be TERRIBLE as a close combat move and firebenders are normally good at close combat.

FAQ: Q: This seems too OP!
A: As I said above: "The firewhip/firelashes would only do the damage of a fireblast at night or the damage of default waterarms which is not powerful. Also, this move would be TERRIBLE as a close combat move and firebenders are normally good at close combat."

Q: Why is this even needed?
A: Fire does NOT have many far range attacking choices other than fireblast and maybe fireburst.

Thank you for your time. I hope you like my suggestion! :D

Janny

Verified Member
I think that you should be asking @jedk1 for this and not PK since they didn't make waterarms, Jed did.
Also, there wouldn't be an actual way for me to tell him that, and even if there was, isn't what was the suggestion part of the forum is for?

paliate

Verified Member
Also, there wouldn't be an actual way for me to tell him that, and even if there was, isn't what was the suggestion part of the forum is for?
You can private message him by clicking "Start Conversation"

This section is for PK Core suggestions, Your essentially asking for waterarms for fire, while waterarms is not made by PK.
Anyways, Waterarms has been suggested atleast 100 times and I've heard that it was unable to be done by most, So i reccomend asking jed personally.

Janny

Verified Member
You can private message him by clicking "Start Conversation"

This section is for PK Core suggestions, Your essentially asking for waterarms for fire, while waterarms is not made by PK.
Anyways, Waterarms has been suggested atleast 100 times and I've heard that it was unable to be done by most, So i reccomend asking jed personally.
Read my 2nd reply.

moo3oo3oo3

Verified Member
Name: FireWhips or FireLashes please decide in the replies.

Element: Fire

Damage: About the amount of damage of fireblast at night or the default waterarms.

Range: About the range of fireblast or the default waterarms.

Kinda like: This move would be an alternative fire version of waterarms.

How to: Do /bending bind (firewhips/firelashes). Hold shift to start making firewhips/firelashes infront of you (Wouldn't be instant like waterarms, I'd say 2-3 seconds). Then click to shoot out one of the whips/lashes. The whip/lash wouldn't go straight back like waterarms, instead it will be kept extended and the player can move his head to control the motion of the whip/lash. The player can click again to extend the second whip/lash to which both whip/lashes can be controlled by the bender. To unextend them one or both whip/lashes, tap shift.

Proof this was in and canon to the show:
Zuko is show using FireWhips/FireLashes at: 1:05 - 1:17 and at 1:57 - 2:07.

Also, in this video, you can see the Prison Guard using Fire/Whips/FireLashes at: 7:08 - 7:19 and at 7:52 - 8:00.

Why it is not OP: The firewhip/firelashes would only do the damage of a fireblast at night or the damage of default waterarms which is not powerful. Also, this move would be TERRIBLE as a close combat move and firebenders are normally good at close combat.

FAQ: Q: This seems too OP!
A: As I said above: "The firewhip/firelashes would only do the damage of a fireblast at night or the damage of default waterarms which is not powerful. Also, this move would be TERRIBLE as a close combat move and firebenders are normally good at close combat."

Q: Why is this even needed?
A: Fire does NOT have many far range attacking choices other than fireblast and maybe fireburst.

Thank you for your time. I hope you like my suggestion! :D
I think that you should be asking @jedk1 for this and not PK since they didn't make waterarms, Jed did.
Jed already has firewhip made for his public server

Loony

Verified Member
It fires in a straight line just like he said but there is no charge time or extended control
From what I understand (which I probably misunderstood because it's 4am) he wanted two fire whips with a similar animation to water arms but with fire, which he could then control and move around.
Jed's fire whip circles around you like combustion 2.0 then fires in a line and if it hits the target it pulls it towards you

Status
Not open for further replies.