• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Fire move: HeatBeam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is the fourth move suggestion.

Name: HeatBeam
Element: Fire/Combustion
How used: [Hold shift] > [Release shift for a beam of pure heat energy]
Description: The beam of pure heat energy could be a sideways red beacon beam (if possible), or a continuous beam of red, yellow, orange, blue, green, and purple firework particles. The pure heat beam being all damage and no burning. This part of the move would deal 4 hearts of damage and can hit multiple enemies. The beam is controllable for 3 seconds before going out, it is controlled by looking in different places. No burning is caused by this move.

Please post any suggestions and thank you for reading!

Last edited:

Zephyrus_Arrow

Verified Member
I suggest that the name for this move be different. Quasar doesn't really fit what the move does, given that a Quasar can be 100 times brighter than the milky way and can give off tons of electromagnetic radiation anywhere from radio to gamma.
300px-Artist's_rendering_ULAS_J1120+0641.jpg
This is an artists rendering of the Quasar ULAS J1120+0641. It's powered by a black hole that is 2 billion times larger than the sun.

EDIT: Perhaps this could be split into two moves: HeatBeam, and FireStorm? Also, the sideways red beacon isn't possible as bending for 1.8 hasn't come out yet.

Last edited:

Phorcys77

Verified Member
Zephy just dropped the scientific truth on you bro. Good job at making yourself look smart zeph.

Helios

Verified Member
I highly doubt a firebender could generate the heat and radiation equivalent to an actual quasar.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It is just a name, and if you do not like it please suggest what you think it should be.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So here is my plan:
--Leave this thread as heatbeam
--Make a new thread for firestorm

paliate

Verified Member
I simply do not think this would be a good idea, Nor do i think it makes much sense either.

Status
Not open for further replies.