• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied (New fighting style) Swordsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
What blade?
The ones that mai throws.
ok with the swordman fightingstyle brance any waepon, as long as its so e form of blade or blunt weapon can be used.
basicly using weapons instead of bare fists or bending.
like sokka, his master, suki and mai or even blue spirit zuko or the earth bender with the hammers he fought against in that town

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
ok with the swordman fightingstyle brance any waepon, as long as its so e form of blade or blunt weapon can be used.
like sokka, his master, suki and mai or even blue spirit zuko or the earth bender with the hammers he fought against in that town
That would be a bad idea. There are threads (I can recall them seeing them only, but I believe there more that I seen) that have orher fightning class suggested, like ninjas, bounty others, swordman, kyoshi warriors and other very know classes. Adding swordman to gain a buff at any weapon would be a huge mess. Why don't we add a buff with swords to firebenders, as we cleary see Zuko using swords as a pro? Why don't we add a buff a boomerang throwing as well to waterbenders, as we seen one water tribe person named Sokka he is good with his boomerang? Now, do I see what I mean? You just can't make a class with a name that doesn't have relation with all the moves.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
like sokka, his master, suki and mai
That would be a bad idea. There are threads (I can recall them seeing them only, but I believe there more that I seen) that have orher fightning class suggested, like ninjas, bounty others, swordman, kyoshi warriors and other very know classes. Adding swordman to gain a buff at any weapon would be a huge mess. Why don't we add a buff with swords to firebenders, as we cleary see Zuko using swords as a pro? Why don't we add a buff a boomerang throwing as well to waterbenders, as we seen one water tribe person named Sokka he is good with his boomerang? Now, do I see what I mean? You just can't make a class with a name that doesn't have relation with all the moves.
You do make a good point, zuko is a firebending swordsman and sokka is a water tribe boomerang guy, however he is not a waterbender ^_^
What im trying to do with the swordsman fighting style is add some DIVERSITY to the pk community, the elements have become GREATLY over used and chiblocking is just running jumping and punching (nothing too special or too unique), they do have projectile but its only firring arrows that the player must already have in his inventory wich btw is not usable in some servers arenas because the the item restriction.
even though bending and chiblocking is cool and effective but its become WAY too mainstream with too many players either picking overpowered bending types and effortlessly wiping everyone out with spamm and cheap tactics (im looking at you, water and air bending) and the underbalanced and underpowered fighting styles go unused,even though they have alot of potential, due to lack of developer support they are rarely seen and hardly useful (im looking at u, metalbending)
i hope its not just me but the whole pk community is ready for a little diversity.
I have a few more suggestions for fighting styles that were in the avatar universe, but i think ill save thoes for a later time ^_^

HydroMan

Verified Member
You do make a good point, zuko is a firebending swordsman and sokka is a water tribe boomerang guy, however he is not a waterbender ^_^
What im trying to do with the swordsman fighting style is add some DIVERSITY to the pk community, the elements have become GREATLY over used and chiblocking is just running jumping and punching (nothing too special or too unique), they do have projectile but its only firring arrows that the player must already have in his inventory wich btw is not usable in some servers arenas because the the item restriction.
even though bending and chiblocking is cool and effective but its become WAY too mainstream with too many players either picking overpowered bending types and effortlessly wiping everyone out with spamm and cheap tactics (im looking at you, water and air bending) and the underbalanced and underpowered fighting styles go unused,even though they have alot of potential, due to lack of developer support they are rarely seen and hardly useful (im looking at u, metalbending)
i hope its not just me but the whole pk community is ready for a little diversity.
I have a few more suggestions for fighting styles that were in the avatar universe, but i think ill save thoes for a later time ^_^
Yes I get that. PK needs diversity and MORE fightning skills/class then just one. Im up for that. But I hate that you call it one way but give aspects the other way, which is not related what so ever. You can't implant/say sworman ca to throw arrows better then normal people, as that would ruined the aspect of ,because swordman main focus is the use of the SWORD. Like I say, it sounds like "Zuko is good at swords, Zuko is a firebender, *so lets make a rule* thus lets give firebenders a buff on swords. It we gonna use swordman, lets try not to add uncessary to them that could ruin the concept of being a swordman.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
er meh gawd. Go to the RPG forums, this was already suggested!

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
I would say give them a buff and give players without a bound bending style a bigger one but i dont knw, would that be unneccessary or.....?
Example being: the bender that uses swords has his bending damage nerfed and his sword damage increased but is unable to do things like deflect and block, however someone without bending can do all thoes things and his sword damage is just a bit higher

HydroMan

Verified Member
I would say give them a buff and give players without a bound bending style a bigger one but i dont knw, would that be unneccessary or.....?
Example being: the bender that uses swords has his bending damage nerfed and his sword damage increased but is unable to do things like deflect and block, however someone without bending can do all thoes things and his sword damage is just a bit higher
Making benders with nerfed sword is unrealistic and not logicial. I prefer you just leave swordmanship how it is now (except no boomerang/dagger throwing, pls) while benders get nothing at all.

P0W3RK1D

Verified Member
I would say give them a buff and give players without a bound bending style a bigger one but i dont knw, would that be unneccessary ro....?
Making benders with nerfed sword is unrealistic and not logicial. I prefer you just leave swordmanship how it is now (except no boomerang/dagger throwing, pls) while benders get nothing at all.
I guess we could do that :3
I want to try to code this myself but i do t know if it will be used.
i semi coded a metalbending move called "MetalMan" for a server but one of the developers for it never probly even checked out the move (he didnt really try to download it, probly didnt even try it and kinda disreguarded it as another metal armor.)
If u want the java file to try out and the link to the post of the move and its description id be happy to put a link or 2 in or if possable even put it on the resourses page

Moonelight

Verified Member
I don't think that ProjectKorra has a spot for this, as of now. This is a bending plugin, not a non-bending plugin. Though it may seem a nice addition this just isn't the right plugin to be suggesting this to. If we wanted a weapon related (using classes) plugin we would of made one by now.

Denied, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.