• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
I am suggesting a new command that may have already been made, as I haven't played in a long time.
I tried a simple search, but haven't seen anything similar.
/b diversity
is an example of a possible command.
The usage of this would be to determine how many benders of each element there are.
Once someone has done /b choose fire, simply put 1 could be added to fire, meaning /b diversity would show that there is at least one Fire Bending player.
This would be best suited for a server that inhibits the ability to change your element.
Another form that could be implemented would be to keep track of how many benders of what kind are online at any given moment, or at least check every minute or so, this could be configurable.
This should also keep track of Sub Elements.

Why should this be implemented?
This should be implemented to create diversity among servers. Of course this command could be restricted on certain servers, just like any other command.
But I think that the creation of such a command would be Imperitive for the event of the Spirits Plugin, as many more elements will be added.

This seems to be a fairly simple plugin, maybe simple enough to be done with ease by a third party.

So, is there anything I missed? Anything you think should be added? Do you have any objections?

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think it sounds like a great idea. It would be useful to get a feel on what player preference is.

In all honesty, however, it sounds a bit like a /b stats command. Either way, still a great idea and I'm for it :)

HydroMan

Verified Member
So this (command) restricts on how many one specific bending type people could be? (E.g. there can only be 5 firebenders on someones setver, so I person doing [/b ch fire] in there, he won't become a firebender despite typing the command, because the limit was over reached?). If so, I like this mechanic.

owlcool

Verified Member
So this (command) restricts on how many one specific bending type people could be? (E.g. there can only be 5 firebenders on someones setver, so I person doing [/b ch fire] in there, he won't become a firebender despite typing the command, because the limit was over reached?). If so, I like this mechanic.
I did not create this idea with that in mind, but I suppose it could be configured that way.

HydroMan

Verified Member
For checking in the number, there coould be a command: {/b w n (-number) [element]}; that would show how many players on that specific element are at the moment online. If specified specific numeral ({/b w 5 [element]}), it will notify if that amount of players of the specify number of the element are online. You would also be able to use scales (1-5), to show how many players of that specify element are online.

owlcool

Verified Member
For checking in the number, there coould be a command: {/b w n (-number) [element]}; that would show how many players on that specific element are at the moment online. If specified specific numeral ({/b w 5 [element]}), it will notify if that amount of players of the specify number of the element are online. You would also be able to use scales (1-5), to show how many players of that specify element are online.
I don't get why you would use scales of 1-5 instead of Fractions or Percentages...
How would you even code this type of scale?
There would be some amount of controversy regardless if one were to implement a 1-5 scale.

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I think this would be cooler as a /bending stats command.. this would dump information like # of each element online, # of each element in the whole system etc.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I think this would be cooler as a /bending stats command.. this would dump information like # of each element online, # of each element in the whole system etc.
Agreed^^

Placing Looking Into because from what I understand, this command would display the number of each element online/overall.

owlcool

Verified Member
Agreed^^

Placing Looking Into because from what I understand, this command would display the number of each element online/overall.
It could be configured so it would display Online, Overall, or Online in the last 20 days.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I don't get why you would use scales of 1-5 instead of Fractions or Percentages...
How would you even code this type of scale?
There would be some amount of controversy regardless if one were to implement a 1-5 scale.
That scale isnt limited, it was an example. I meant, if you type that scale, it will notify if the how many players ranging from 1 to 5 are online, if not else it will notify that there isn't (like if you used that scale to check firebenders, but there are over 6 of them currenty, it will notify that it over crosses the maximium scale and if there is 0 firebenders, it will tell that no firebenders found, or for both cases (pk staff decision) it will notify that there is invalid quantity of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.