• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied My own opinion how Torrent Redirection should work

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Even I don't like this much, I thought of a better way torrent redirection would work and decided to share with you:
In order to redirect it, you must hold shift and aim at the approaching torrent projectile. Than, turning around clockwise or counterclockwise in a 90-360°, in the direction it is flying, will make it move along your torso (where you are looking at), infront of your sight. If you let go of the shift key, the torrent projectile will then be released and will head away from you, and will act as a regular torrent projectile.

Doing a sharp of 180° or more before releasing the projectile, will have a much smaller chance of mishitting away from the crossheir, while the failed chance leads the projectile: shooting in a diagonal/straight position, opposing its aim point or won't auto hit the target, as meaning in will shoot where the curseir is placed at, disspaite your sight seeing living entity (this wil be left for the pk team to pick the choice from two of these).

Another thing to note, that the redirected torrent won't freeze unless commandent by the original torrenter (eg. a torrenter double clicking right before his torrent is redirected, will make it freeze when the redirector shoots it; same goes for the non-freezing torrent).
Proof:

In the gif you can see Katara activating the torrent > Hama than redirects in a un-usual cheating-op matter... BOO! That's a bad way of doing it! Here the fun really starts: Katara redirects it back with a swaggy spin, where once again redirected torrent goes to Hama, while this time she copies Katara style and does the spin too. Hama at the same moment takes water from two trees and compress it into the torrent, and Katara ends it all with the WaterBubble Block. Katara launches her final blow by shooting two watermanipulations from the trees Hama stands in between, knocking and defeating Hama. KO

Last edited:

IceEyes

Verified Member
Water is fluently in its movement. So using the curser is the perfect use for it. I mean, what feels more like water? Torrent or Watermanipulation? - Clearly torrent cause its following your curser.

See how they move with the water? Thats what water redirection should be.

IceEyes

Verified Member
I really hope this gets added, since this would make water feel more like water. Cause of the redirecting since redirecting is a big thing in the series. And ofcourse because you have to move with it. I can already imagine how it would be redirecting it :D, so awsome!
Plus, i think this won't make water fights endless redirection, since people will get tired of it and just move on shooting something else while the other is trying to redirect it.

HydroMan

Verified Member
IMO, just shifting an clicking for the torrent to be redirected is kindamakes waterbenders look lazy in an aesthetical meaning/view.

IceEyes

Verified Member
IMO, just shifting an clicking for the torrent to be redirected is kindamakes waterbenders look lazy in an aesthetical meaning/view.
Excactly! Make water feel like water, don't make water earth. Earth redirection maybe straight forward. But water is about fluently movement. Let the benders have this feeling of bending water, let them feel the fluent movement.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Plus, i think this won't make water fights endless redirection, since people will get tired of it and just move on shooting something else while the other is trying to redirect it.
Not to mention, you have to make precisely 180 or more degree angle to make the aim perfect as much as possible, as either way a 'miss' will a accure. So it would be wiser for the waterbender to do the angle which i told you, if he wants a lower chance of that aquiring. The Downside is that it would be harder for the player to exucute this who has just began starting with waterbending, but that's the whole point of it as torrent redirection shouldn't be easy and the ones who mastered would do alot quicker after much practise with it they ultimately will handle to control it.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Not to mention, you have to make precisely 180 or more degree angle to make the aim perfect as much as possible, as either way a 'miss' will a accure. So it would be wiser for the waterbender to do the angle which i told you, if he wants a lower chance of that aquiring. The Downside is that it would be harder for the player to exucute this who has just began starting with waterbending, but that's the whole point of it as torrent redirection shouldn't be easy and the ones who mastered would do alot quicker after much practise with it they ultimately will handle to control it.
So it will still follow the cursor after redirecting it, right?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Water is fluently in its movement. So using the curser is the perfect use for it. I mean, what feels more like water? Torrent or Watermanipulation? - Clearly torrent cause its following your curser.

See how they move with the water? Thats what water redirection should be.
If you don't mind, I'll add this gift to the post, ok?

P.S Maybe can you cut and remove the clip during from Katara blocking the torrent and ending with her knocking Hama with 2 watermanipulations?

HydroMan

Verified Member
So it will still follow the cursor after redirecting it, right?
Well, in general I think torrent should'nt follow the cursor after it was released,launch, as waterbenders never show capaticity doing so with any of their projectile. Despite that, I think it would alittle bit op, so no it won't after being redirected.

IceEyes

Verified Member
If you don't mind, I'll add this gift to the post, ok?

P.S Maybe can you cut and remove the clip during from Katara blocking the torrent and ending with her knocking Hama with 2 watermanipulations?
Lol go ahead and put it into the post. But i found the gif on the internet so no idea how to cut it.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Well, in general I think torrent should'nt follow the cursor after it was released,launch, as waterbenders never show capaticity doing so with any of their projectile. Despite that, I think it would alittle bit op, so no it won't after being redirected.
I guess I understand, but doesn't it look strange if like a straight line would just go straight at something? Maybe gove them a bit of control?

Matt

Verified Member
I really think Water needs more redirection (water WAS based on redirection) and I really like this suggestion, hope the CD's shine some light on this

Status
Not open for further replies.