• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied More Defensive moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDC122

Verified Member
So I've been offline bending servers because I didn't have internet for almost 30 days, and when I came back I was able to notice something. I felt the big lag and fps drops ofc but thats natural, but there was something else. I dont know how to put this but its more of having problems with blocking moves. Ik that you can just dodge them but when there are many people around you its not that simple dodging all moves and blocking them with another blast or so. We already know mine craft characters can't make any dramatic movements or basic such as sitting down (unless there is a chair or staircase with such fuction) or lay down (Laying on your belly for instance), and they don't move fast as well. And its hard to block the moves especially when there is enemy all over the place and your in a 1v5, i mean the shields and collisions can easily be broken and they have to be same element, or at least follows the rules of physics(earthsmash can block fire blast without needing fire shield for instance). I want to have a pretty desent defensive move thats not so easily broken, then again one can become quite op if a defensive move will never break. I want it so that your able to block any type of move or element and your able to block the move even if your not looking at the move itself, ofc there will be a way to block it, every move has their weakness. But idk what sort of defensive move i wanted to suggest so i just suggested more defensive moves, perfect right!?

If I would it would be something like this, a move thats not element related a pretty basic move. Its called Guard. And its a binding move, you can block any type of move of any element by just shifting. You will then stand completely still without being able to move unless you release shift you also won't be able to move your mouse around. This move can block any attacks from any direction, meaning you don't have to look at the attack to block it. The attack can come from behind if it must and you can still block it without looking behind you. But if you block too many attacks then you will get completely paralyzed for 5 sec. You can only block 5 attacks, if more then you will get paralyzed. If your able to move again and tries to block another 5 moves right away you will be paralyzed for 10 sec, and so on. No limit. You could be paralyzed for 1 min if you keep using it. To avoid that you will have to wait 10 sec for a 5 sec paralyze. You will have to wait 20 sec for a 10 sec paralyze. For example, if you got paralyzed for 5 seconds and gets unparalyzed, you will have to avoid blocking more then 5 moves for the next 10 sec. And if you got para for 10 sec and gets unparalyzed then you will have to avoid blocking more then 5 moves for 20 sec. AAaaaaand so on.

Hope this helps!!
Lots of reading ik, and it hurts the eye.

Hero

Verified Member
So I've been offline bending servers because I didn't have internet for almost 30 days, and when I came back I was able to notice something. I felt the big lag and fps drops ofc but thats natural, but there was something else. I dont know how to put this but its more of having problems with blocking moves. Ik that you can just dodge them but when there are many people around you its not that simple dodging all moves and blocking them with another blast or so. We already know mine craft characters can't make any dramatic movements or basic such as sitting down (unless there is a chair or staircase with such fuction) or lay down (Laying on your belly for instance), and they don't move fast as well. And its hard to block the moves especially when there is enemy all over the place and your in a 1v5, i mean the shields and collisions can easily be broken and they have to be same element, or at least follows the rules of physics(earthsmash can block fire blast without needing fire shield for instance). I want to have a pretty desent defensive move thats not so easily broken, then again one can become quite op if a defensive move will never break. I want it so that your able to block any type of move or element and your able to block the move even if your not looking at the move itself, ofc there will be a way to block it, every move has their weakness. But idk what sort of defensive move i wanted to suggest so i just suggested more defensive moves, perfect right!?

If I would it would be something like this, a move thats not element related a pretty basic move. Its called Guard. And its a binding move, you can block any type of move of any element by just shifting. You will then stand completely still without being able to move unless you release shift you also won't be able to move your mouse around. This move can block any attacks from any direction, meaning you don't have to look at the attack to block it. The attack can come from behind if it must and you can still block it without looking behind you. But if you block too many attacks then you will get completely paralyzed for 5 sec. You can only block 5 attacks, if more then you will get paralyzed. If your able to move again and tries to block another 5 moves right away you will be paralyzed for 10 sec, and so on. No limit. You could be paralyzed for 1 min if you keep using it. To avoid that you will have to wait 10 sec for a 5 sec paralyze. You will have to wait 20 sec for a 10 sec paralyze. For example, if you got paralyzed for 5 seconds and gets unparalyzed, you will have to avoid blocking more then 5 moves for the next 10 sec. And if you got para for 10 sec and gets unparalyzed then you will have to avoid blocking more then 5 moves for 20 sec. AAaaaaand so on.

Hope this helps!!
Lots of reading ik, and it hurts the eye.
What are you suggesting? I cant read that much small text...

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The Guard is just an idea. The main point is to add more defensive moves
Fire: not defensive element, never should be
Water: good defense
Earth: great defense
Air: has best defensive move
Chi: doesn't need defense

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Fire: not defensive element, never should be
Water: good defense
Earth: great defense
Air: has best defensive move
Chi: doesn't need defense
I should hope that you don't mean that fire should get no defense whatsoever, because I disagree with that.
Regarding this post, this would be an incredible mistake to make if they make a move like this. I find it nooby and obviously too rewarding. Blocking any move is just too OP for standing there, even if you do block too many moves, I still 100% disagree with Guard. I don't see how it has anything to do with bending at all.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
All elements have the potential to be what it's not, but some have it easier getting there. An Example would be Jeong Jeong's defensive firebending, and Zaheer's aggressive airbending.

Fuzzy

Verified Member
I am sorry, but I have to disagree with this thread. All the elements are currently balanced as they are now. If you are experiencing problems with defensive techniques, I would suggest switching to an element that is more defense oriented, such as Air. We all have certain fighting styles, and with practice, anyone is able to achieve the "master" title. This doesn't only for for Project Korra, but for everything! We all are different, you just need to find what suits you best! :D

Moonelight

Verified Member
A move that blocks every move in the whole plugin just sounds wrong. There's no source in the show that suggests anything like this existed. As stated above, if you're looking for defense I suggest switching to Airbending. Every element has its weakness, and unfortunately not every element is best at defense.

I see your concern, but this just won't fit into the plugin as of now. Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.