• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion More Accurate Sun and Moon Boosts

owlcool

Verified Member
Elements: Water and Fire.

Fire Use: This would decrease the boost in the morning, but it would have the boost be strongest halfway through the minecraft day, being around noon, since fire is strongest around noon from the sun being closest to the earth. So maybe 10% boost a little before halfway through the minecraft day but less power at dusk and dawn.

Fire Source and Info:
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Firebending
Due to its solar augmentation, firebending is slightly stronger during the day, being at its most powerful around noon. With an extraterrestrial heat source much closer to the planet than the sun, in particular Sozin's Comet, firebending is enhanced dramatically. A firebender under the effects of the comet can produce much larger, powerful flames, which create greater destruction and can extend much further than usual. Experienced firebenders can use the comet's power to sustain flight, generate exceptionally powerful lightning bolts, and perform other feats of firebending which they would usually be incapable of executing.

Water Use: however, since noon would occur more often then a full moon, a full moon boost would have to be strengthened even more. It is already cannon that waterbending is next to unbeatable on a full moon, so this makes sense. Maybe make a crescent moon do much less of a boost then a normal moon.

Water Source and Info: Waterbending is greatly strengthened and enhanced during the night, due to its lunar affinity. During a full moon in particular, waterbending is greatly enhanced, to the point where a single waterbender can overpower multiple opponents with relative ease.
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Waterbending

WeTitans3

Verified Member
I like the idea, although i would def want to make sure the numbers are tweaked perfectly, and a lot of testing to be done to make sure that it 'feels good' for all parties. Know what i mean.

owlcool

Verified Member
I like the idea, although i would def want to make sure the numbers are tweaked perfectly, and a lot of testing to be done to make sure that it 'feels good' for all parties. Know what i mean.
Definitely a yes for you I suppose.