• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Mod suggestions

Betaman

Verified Member
Ok, so I'm a huge fan of the mod. I been following progress for 2 years. I hated to see Crows leave, but it is what it is. The mod isn't necessarily bad but many turn away from the mod because of the bending UI or other. Now I have no problem with the UI as I have gotten use to it but it does need a little bit more tweaking. After playing the 5.3 update and using all the bending styles some of the abilities are really restricted and are unfaithful to the show like Combustion and lightning spear. They do not work like that in the show. Water bending is too restricted. Wave should be able to be done on land to a certain extent. And there are too many copy cat abilities being made as well. Each element needs it's own distinct abilities so you actually feel you are fighting the bender of an different element. Like water and fire arc or earth spike and ravine they both do the same thing as far as how they attack your opponent.

I've seen that the developer says he draws inspiration from a certain game called Wizards of Legend. It's OK to draw some inspiration but not a majority. I saw the ability storm raze and I don't really think that is an ability inspired from the show since it's lightning being called down from a cloud. That seems more like arcane magic or something. The avatar show had a strict range of what each bender could do with there element. I want to see abilities from the show. It is the Avatar mod.

I enjoy the mod because of it's extra content aside from abilities but the plugin has better abilities overall. And I'm not saying that because the plugin has more abilities but because it is true.

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
Verified Member
Ok, so I'm a huge fan of the mod. I been following progress for 2 years. I hated to see Crows leave, but it is what it is. The mod isn't necessarily bad but many turn away from the mod because of the bending UI or other. Now I have no problem with the UI as I have gotten use to it but it does need a little bit more tweaking. After playing the 5.3 update and using all the bending styles some of the abilities are really restricted and are unfaithful to the show like Combustion and lightning spear. They do not work like that in the show. Water bending is too restricted. Wave should be able to be done on land to a certain extent. And there are too many copy cat abilities being made as well. Each element needs it's own distinct abilities so you actually feel you are fighting the bender of an different element. Like water and fire arc or earth spike and ravine they both do the same thing as far as how they attack your opponent.

I've seen that the developer says he draws inspiration from a certain game called Wizards of Legend. It's OK to draw some inspiration but not a majority. I saw the ability storm raze and I don't really think that is an ability inspired from the show since it's lightning being called down from a cloud. That seems more like arcane magic or something. The avatar show had a strict range of what each bender could do with there element. I want to see abilities from the show. It is the Avatar mod.

I enjoy the mod because of it's extra content aside from abilities but the plugin has better abilities overall. And I'm not saying that because the plugin has more abilities but because it is true.
Ok thanks! Yeah, it was painful for me too when Crows left.....
For lightning raze, I just went with an ability I thought was cool. In addition, I'm working on better aesthetics and effects so each individual ability feels unique. Balancing is also a key issue. Imo, not everything has to be exactly canon- it has to be fun, balanced, and cool.
I'm working on a loooot of things for the next update- a5.4. This will include the ability to bend ice, snow, and plants for waterbenders, along with a corresponding configurable list. I'm also working on making waterbenders able to draw their moves from any surrounding blocks. Lightning spear, along with cloudburst and fireball, are all receiving a revamp- they'll have an aoe attack when they die, along with lightning spear being really weak at first, so you have to charge it up. Fire and water arc will have more diverse paths, upgrades, and general effects.
What do you suggest to make earthspike different? Maybe increasing height every time it's spawned?
In terms of the UI, Mahtaran is gonna be working on that to make it more diverse, along with Fire, my texturer, giving me textures for all those *amazing* ability+textures added in a5.0 (Yeah I'm not exactly artistic). Kisutora and fire are working on more reproducable background textures for each ability in the skill menu, and kisutora is making an alternate resource pack. On top of that, b1.0 will have a skill tree, air temples, the avatar, and other features.

Betaman

Verified Member
Ok,for earth spike maybe it should shoot entities more upward since the spikes are coming up from the ground. I agree that nott everything doesn't have to be cannon but I think it should still stay within avatar logic. Like you could see a bender actually doing the ability.

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
Verified Member
Ok,for earth spike maybe it should shoot entities more upward since the spikes are coming up from the ground. I agree that nott everything doesn't have to be cannon but I think it should still stay within avatar logic. Like you could see a bender actually doing the ability.
Ok cool! I'll add more upward knockback then!

Betaman

Verified Member
For level 1 spike what if it only shot out one spike when collided with an entity? So when you use the ability it would look like the current ravine model but when collided with an entity the earth spike would come out out of the ground and shoot the enemy upward.

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
Verified Member
For level 1 spike what if it only shot out one spike when collided with an entity? So when you use the ability it would look like the current ravine model but when collided with an entity the earth spike would come out out of the ground and shoot the enemy upward.
That'd be harder to avoid though, and harder to pull off as a bender.

Betaman

Verified Member
So it would be harder to avoid fighting someone with that ability and harder to pull off using that ability? It would work just like ravine only at collision with an entity a spike would emerge.

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
Verified Member
So it would be harder to avoid fighting someone with that ability and harder to pull off using that ability? It would work just like ravine only at collision with an entity a spike would emerge.
Yeah ik what you mean but I like the current style. However, if there are too many complaints of lag, I'll change it.
Messing with collision stuff right now (earthspike's world is client side but its spawner's world isn't?!?!?!?!?).