• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into MetalSpike

SynergistSynn

Verified Member
This suggestion is for ProjectKorra Core 1.8.6 (1.12)

Minecraft 1.12 adds a lot of new "entities" to the game.
What I'd like to implement is a move that is closely related to IceSpike. The move that has multiple attacks.
The move "MetalSpike" would use MC 1.12.2's new "EvokationFang" entity as an entity that spawns when you use the move.
Clicking at a player would summon the metal "fang" below the player and snap shut, possibly causing slowness like Icespikes's spike.
Shifting on the ground, then clicking, could make a row of these fangs like the Evokers do. Similar to earthline.
Looking up and clicking shift could spawn fangs in a circle around the user, just like icespike.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This could be an EarthSpike ability in general, because If you think about you rarely will ever find iron lying or installed in the grounevd, so players will barely ever bind and use it. No need to make it exclusive to metalbending when that shape can be bent from any material and type of block.

Though If I were, to be honest, I personally don't like this ability. Like you said, its similar (but I would put emphasis on 'too similar') to earthspike. It isn't enough creative to make it enough distinct: http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/earthspike-raiseearth-addon.2462/

What are your thoughts, @xNuminousx ?

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I really like this, I was thinking about something involving this feature, but had completely forgotten until I saw this thread.

SynergistSynn

Verified Member
I'm glad you like it! I hope someone has the time to try and make this a reality. It would be a very cool feature!

Viosient

Verified Member
It looks nothing like earth though.

I would suggest spikes 2-4 blocks in height sticking out of the ground, and pointing in several directions. A line of these spikes would appear like the evoker fangs.

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
Verified Member
This could be an EarthSpike ability in general, because If you think about you rarely will ever find iron lying or installed in the grounevd, so players will barely ever bind and use it. No need to make it exclusive to metalbending when that shape can be bent from any material and type of block.

Though If I were, to be honest, I personally don't like this ability. Like you said, its similar (but I would put emphasis on 'too similar') to earthspike. It isn't enough creative to make it enough distinct: http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/earthspike-raiseearth-addon.2462/

What are your thoughts, @xNuminousx ?
I mean the earthpike ability in the mod was inspired by this.