• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Metal Plate + Metal Binds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celesteia

Verified Member

Name: Metal Plate
Damage: 3 (5 in avatarstate)
Range: 50 blocks (85 in avatarstate)
Right click on a metal-bendable block (does not destroy it), or wearing any iron armor will allow infinite use like water bottles. Left click to shoot a metal plate (you can spam it to shoot multiple) (Iron Pressure Plate) to a target. It will deal 3 damage to them, and it can go up to 50 blocks. You are able to move them (or just one) around like you can with WaterManipualtion, Torrent, Earthblast, IceSpike, etc. They are able to cut through limited Earth, Water, and Air abilities.

Sub-skill
Name: Metal Binds
Damage: None
When using Metal Plate, right click when metal plate is within 5 blocks to bind them to it. (Iron Pressure Plate under their feet) They get slowness I, (slowness III in avatar state) and you are sort of able to move them around like your are bloodbending. (Very limited, and works like the 4th gif shown) These binds can be broken by just breaking them. (iron pressure plate)

Sub-skill
Name: Magnetism
Damage: None
Left click a metal-bendable block when someone (or people) are in Metal Binds to bind them to that block.

Last edited:
V

Vidcom

Although I can't say I necessarily agree with this, you have laid out the format of this suggestion excellently, and the content and quality is superb compared to the usual, which in itself has made me more interested in this design :)

V

Vidcom

The main comments I can make here are that your proportions for length are almost surreal, and the damage for something that cuts through all elements being 5 hearts is insane...

Celesteia

Verified Member
The main comments I can make here are that your proportions for length are almost surreal, and the damage for something that cuts through all elements being 5 hearts is insane...
1. 5 damage = 2.5 hearts (meant to actually make it 3 damage and 5 in avatar state, oops)
2. Kuvira was bending the plates when the enemies were all the way at the top of a mountain.
3. It can't cut through fire, as well as most of the other moves. It can only cut through WaterManipulation, IceSpike, Torrent, Surge, Earthblast, RaiseEarth, Airblast, Airshield

Last edited:
V

Vidcom

1. 5 damage = 2.5 hearts (meant to actually make it 3 damage and 5 in avatar state, oops)
2. Kuvira was bending the plates when the enemies were all the way at the top of a mountain.
3. It can't cut through fire, as well as most of the other moves. It can only cut through WaterManipulation, IceSpike, Torrent, Surge, Earthblast, RaiseEarth, Airblast, Airshield
That's literally every single move that could be used against it basically. Also they were closer to the base than the top by a long way when she started throwing out plates.

V

Vidcom

Balance in the plugin is more important than our links to the show, they're just a good way of explaining what's going on

Celesteia

Verified Member
That's literally every single move that could be used against it basically. Also they were closer to the base than the top by a long way when she started throwing out plates.
Cut through = Pass through. It doesn't stop the other move from happening, it "slices" through it.

Celesteia

Verified Member
Balance in the plugin is more important than our links to the show, they're just a good way of explaining what's going on
But, this might be what, the 3rd most under-powered move (Airswipe and Suffocation) what it lacks in power, it makes up for in range and speed.

V

Vidcom

It can move a huge distance, does a substantial amount of damage, and is basically impossible to defend from. How is this underpowered?

Celesteia

Verified Member
It can move a huge distance, does a substantial amount of damage, and is basically impossible to defend from. How is this underpowered?
1. That's one of the points, a long-ranged attack...
2. 1.5 hearts isn't that much compared to most spammable moves.
3. How is it impossible to defend from? You can dodge it like all other moves, you can jump over it, etc. It's basically just like Water Manipulation/Ice Spike/Torrent in the way that you can control where it moves, it's not impossible to defend from at all...

V

Vidcom

1. That's one of the points, a long-ranged attack...
2. 1.5 hearts isn't that much compared to most spammable moves.
3. How is it impossible to defend from? You can dodge it like all other moves, you can jump over it, etc. It's basically just like Water Manipulation/Ice Spike/Torrent in the way that you can control where it moves, it's not impossible to defend from at all...
Yes but Manip, Spike, Torrent, you can put shields up against. This seems to pierce through literally everything, which is definitely OP. Most people don't use dodging to avoid every attack unless they're air, like Earth is purpose built to use heavy defence, and Fire doesn't even have any decent defence or offence to use against this at all.

jedk1

Tbh, how i would execute this move, is you shoot an iron chest plate on to the target, which slows them down, and obvs this wont work if the oponent has armor

Edit 1: Infact, this move shouldnt do any damage at all, if you are basing it off the episode, as it was simply a move to apprehend an enemy.

Celesteia

Verified Member
Yes but Manip, Spike, Torrent, you can put shields up against. This seems to pierce through literally everything, which is definitely OP. Most people don't use dodging to avoid every attack unless they're air, like Earth is purpose built to use heavy defence, and Fire doesn't even have any decent defence or offence to use against this at all.
It seems I wasn't clear enough. It only can pass (not stop the ability from happening) through Water Manipulation, Ice Spike, Torrent, Earthblast, RaiseEarth, Airblast and Airshield, nothing else. You're acting like those are the only abilities that ever exist. Also, so what if most people don't dodge? Who says that some don't, there are many different techniques and styles to every bending, you're not supposed to stereotype them into categories.

owlcool

Verified Member
Aw, I was going to make a thread just like this, two types of metal armor, a heavy type, being this one and not being agile, and a mobile type, being like the metal bending police use. Not bad with this post, could you include the police armor?

jedk1

It seems I wasn't clear enough. It only can pass (not stop the ability from happening) through Water Manipulation, Ice Spike, Torrent, Earthblast, RaiseEarth, Airblast and Airshield, nothing else. You're acting like those are the only abilities that ever exist. Also, so what if most people don't dodge? Who says that some don't, there are many different techniques and styles to every bending, you're not supposed to stereotype them into categories.
BUT! You are saying this passes thru everything, doesnt matter if it doesn't stop it. the idea of the moves is to be able able to block and attack, you are saying basically:
Person A is defending with a shield. Person B can attack thru said shield making Person A defenseless.

Celesteia

Verified Member
BUT! You are saying this passes thru everything, doesnt matter if it doesn't stop it. the idea of the moves is to be able able to block and attack, you are saying basically:
Person A is defending with a shield. Person B can attack thru said shield making Person A defenseless.
"You are saying this passes thru everything" I just said the limits...
"Person B can attack thru said shield" Many attacks already go through certain shields? For example, Charged-Fireblast, Combustion, Torrent, Octopus-Form, Shockwave, etc. all go through RaiseEarth already.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure I've defended myself from almost every attack using my Surge move. Additionally, all those moves create an area of effect, so it's no surprise it can just barely reach players by going behind the shield. Metal Plates are simple metal projectiles with no explosive properties.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
"You are saying this passes thru everything" I just said the limits...
"Person B can attack thru said shield" Many attacks already go through certain shields? For example, Charged-Fireblast, Combustion, Torrent, Octopus-Form, Shockwave, etc. all go through RaiseEarth already.
How does torrent go through raiseearth?

Status
Not open for further replies.