• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Metal Clips - Redo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaye

Verified Member
Hello,

Today I thought of something that would make MetalClips much less OP and much less like Bloodbending. If you look at the pictures below, you will see that iron pressure plates replace the iron (*You will still need iron in the inventory to preform this.) Since the pressure plate can't float, a barrier is put under it. The same process with the left clicking and the iron occurs, however, the fourth clip does not do damage, instead, it arises the player suspending him/her in the air (*Look at the Kuvira vs. Korra fight). You can move that player around when you are holding shift, the person won't move around crazily (*For the sake of dizziness), but he/she will move around from side to side, around and around, in that same height. Now when you release shift, the player is dropped with force, taking away 3 hearts (*Configurable). Its not fall damage they take, but its damage from being hit so hard to the ground.

I hope this is put into the plugin, one reason is because the pressure plates are more fast and sleek, like in the show, other than the iron dropping animation that is slow and the metal seems as if it was falling. Second, people wont make you dizzy like with blood bending and they wont make you circle around in fire.

Minecraft: (*The Barriers keep the pressure plates floating.)

The Show: (*Please pay attention to the part where Kuvira suspends Korra in the air.)

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Sorry I'm not getting there? o_O
What are the pressure plates for? just visuals right?
Is the player stuck in place or moves with the mouse movement?
Is the diferençe that the player stays always at the same hight or what? o_O

Jaye

Verified Member
1. Pressure plates make it look cooler, it replaces the dropping iron animation.
2. The player does move around from side to side when suspended in the air by using mouse movements from left to right.
3. He does stay at the same height, that's to stop the player from being rolled around in fire. But if you release shift he will drop with force.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Alright, I just wasn't sure :p
It seems an really good idea, it will make it a little less op, but way more like in the show and it will finally be diferent from bloodbending
Untill now it was just an even more op version of bloodbending... :(

Jaye

Verified Member
Thank you, as you can see in my skin I love metal and I had this idea in mind for a very long time.

paliate

Verified Member
Just took a look at the video, it did not show any sign of a plate, It showed clips.
Going to deny this based off it not being canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.