• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Merging Certain Abilities

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Certain abilities could certainly be combined because they either share certain attribute or applications, and.

For instance, starting with waterbending:
IceBlast & Icespike:
Waterarms & OctopusForm: this could be renamed into TentacleForm. They're kinda based on forming multiple water whips that somewhat serve as additional appendages to the user's, that expand from user's radius. These won't conflict, as two techniques have different controls that trigger and activate them.

Regars to earthbending:
Collapse & Earthtunnel: These two abilities I feel like share similar application of “clearing out for some space”, therefor I think these should be merged. This two would be under the name of Earthtunnel. The burrowing and left clicking collapse would remain in there place, but with the sneaking feature of collapse would exist within a new combo. This combo would be called “Avalance” and would active upon charging Shockwave, puncing with Earthtunnel and then releasing sneak.
EarthBlast & EarthSmash: now I would only propose this to merged If and when the changes are made to the later technique with the introduction of a new ability. As for why else it would be reasonable decision to merge this two, well earthsmash is like a charge variation (apart from the mobile aspect, which I do suggest removing it with the trade of rockslide introduction).

Things are getting heated:
Blaze + FireBurst: merged into Blaze. I don't have a good reason for this, other than their similar how they spread their attacks. Blaze technique and the concerning 'Ring' method would work If sneak is release before the charge is complete. Think of it as blaze in general as a weaker version of/than fireburst.
Illumination + Heatcontrol: although they're complete different, the reason (which is also not a good one) for why I want these to merge is that their both utility and illumination is kinda of a useless one as doesn't provide much in term of compactibility.

Lastly (screw chi blockers), airbending:
AirBlast + AirBurst: both repulse things, air blast source creation (sneaking thingy) wouldn't interfare/conflict much with holding prelong time sneak for airburst to happen.
AirSuction + Tornado: similar reason as like above, except both share attraction application.

Although these abilities will be combined, we could still refer their techniques to original or new names.