• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Manip Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
Watermanipulation needs some editing. Here's what a lot of people and I think is wrong with it. Watermanipulation happens to be a waterbenders most used move, and we need it for attacking firebenders because torrent will not block a charged fireblast, and you may not be able to surge shield quickly enough. Watermanipulation at the moment is not turnable enough. When you want to redirect it, it travels straight forward a certain distance and then it turns as you direct to, and this is bad. Especially in a water 1v1 where you 2 have to redirect your manips to the enemy's side. Also, manip misses FOR SURE 1/3 of the time, and that's just derpy. We tested it out, and 1 manip misses for every 3 sent out. This is one of the main moves a waterbender has, and with an agile Airbender, even torrent won't work! Manip needs it's maneuver! It needs to turn on command like it did in the TLA plug in. This would be amazing, honestly. A turn-ability option would help out a lot of servers. As good as your aim is, you will miss for sure 1/3 times, and that's unfair. Not to mention that your manip doesn't turn on aight, and requires some blocks traveledbefore turning, it's just silly. It requires no aim, and makes it so people have to spam manipulation much more than they do aim it. Please, help us out. How can we change this ( How turnable it is ). I've also been toldthat nothing has changed and that's pure bs honestly. CoEvidence-1.JPG Evidence-2.JPG Evidence-3.JPG Evidence-4.JPG Evidence-5.JPG Evidence-6.JPG Evidence-7.JPG Evidence-8.JPG mpare watermanipulation from Orion's plugin to this one and you'll notice the huge difference. I'm hoping we can getwatermanipulation to go back to the stable move it was in TLA and not be derpy (Redirection and turn-ability wise ). A few waterbenders will not notice this, and that's because they're the ones who spam torrent or manip without thinking that it needs to sidehit or fly behind the enemy. This change will help competitive players out. This sounds so pathetic and sad, but I spend most of my day training my waterbending skills. I'm extremely competitive, and I feel like the competitive group is never thought of, and for just once, we'd like to have this nice change. It wouldn't harm anything, it'd actually help reduce spamming ( Their moves will finally connect, and they will be able to aim nicely while focusing on ONE manip.. and it'll actually hit and not fly off behind them ). Thanks for reading and hope you help. I included snaps of people who also agree with me and what they have to say!
So in simple words; I suggest for watermanipulation to be EXTREMELY controllable ( Like earthblast and how it was in Orion's plugin ). It should be like in the show, water was very controllable, and it used to be in Orion's build, but now it isn't.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Watermanipulation needs some editing. Here's what a lot of people and I think is wrong with it. Watermanipulation happens to be a waterbenders most used move, and we need it for attacking firebenders because torrent will not block a charged fireblast, and you may not be able to surge shield quickly enough. Watermanipulation at the moment is not turnable enough. When you want to redirect it, it travels straight forward a certain distance and then it turns as you direct to, and this is bad. Especially in a water 1v1 where you 2 have to redirect your manips to the enemy's side. Also, manip misses FOR SURE 1/3 of the time, and that's just derpy. We tested it out, and 1 manip misses for every 3 sent out. This is one of the main moves a waterbender has, and with an agile Airbender, even torrent won't work! Manip needs it's maneuver! It needs to turn on command like it did in the TLA plug in. This would be amazing, honestly. A turn-ability option would help out a lot of servers. As good as your aim is, you will miss for sure 1/3 times, and that's unfair. Not to mention that your manip doesn't turn on aight, and requires some blocks traveledbefore turning, it's just silly. It requires no aim, and makes it so people have to spam manipulation much more than they do aim it. Please, help us out. How can we change this ( How turnable it is ). I've also been toldthat nothing has changed and that's pure bs honestly. Compare watermanipulation from Orion's plugin to this one and you'll notice the huge difference. I'm hoping we can getwatermanipulation to go back to the stable move it was in TLA and not be derpy (Redirection and turn-ability wise ). A fewwaterbenders will not notice this, and that'sbecause they're the ones who spam torrentor manip without thinking that it needs to sidehit or fly behind the enemy. Thank you and hope you help out
I sure hope that last sentence isnt towards me from earlier.

Ming Hua

I COMPLETELY agree. Watermanipulation should be like how it used to be in it's old days. It was nice and controllable, just like in the show, waterbenders could control their water with ease. It'd be a NICE change!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ugh,I remember old watermanip, I got spammed to death. Now there is less spam.

Zafkiel

Verified Member
I will certainly look dumb but Can someone just tell me how old manip looked like ? XD

Zafkiel

Verified Member
Exactly the same, it was more spammable.
Hmm so I don't see why we should get back to the old one Because I think that one of the main objectif of the plugin right now is to make all moves of every element less spamable and diversify the combats styles.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hmm so I don't see why we should get back to the old one Because I think that one of the main objectif of the plugin right now is to make all moves of every element less spamable and diversify the combats styles.
I just checked, watermanip hasn't been touched except for dynamic sourcing, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.