• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Pending Review Making Forums - EASY TO NAVIGATE ; DUMMY FRIENDLY

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I (and most of we) love PK. I love the design of the forums. However, the layout of the forums is really questionable to me and a bit meh. I'm not saying it's too bad, but I can think it can be made better (with the creation of new and removal of old categories, thus :)

I think the forums are generally messy and quite disorganised really. For starters, I think having four dedicated scarce discussed sub-bending plugins just clutters the area, making it unnecessary lengthy (which adds up a bigger scroll) when instead - practically it could just be combined into one category. I think it also needless to have suggestions split per plugin, because newcomers usually end up posting their shared ideas/concept in a wrong section sometimes anyway. Than again, having General Discussions and Suggestions as child categories as 'dig sites' might be caused of it.

As to regards with Core having 5 elements as the children categories, I would rather prefer those being remove and reclassified through a colored tab/lable in a thread, right after the prefix of the suggestion's status (that shows looking into, planned, and ect.). Basically, like how resource page has custom abilities classified as a element. Though that would be up for a thread, since this doesn't have relation with for navigation rearragement.

I think the forum categories and everything under it should be rearrange like so:
Project
  • ProjecKorra Plugin Discussion
    • Core
    • RPG
    • Spirits
    • Probending
    • Items
  • Feedback and Ideas:
    • Core
    • RPG
    • Spirits
    • Probending
    • Items
  • Resource Pack - though I actually think and rather prefer that it sould be a child category under "ProjectKorra Plugin Discussion" and renaming the parent category as a whole "General Discussion".
    • General Discussion
    • Suggestion
  • Official Server Discussion - or the same thing could be applied from what I commented to above category
    • Shouldn't have a child category ; directs straight to threads