• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Lol, concept designers - this may be cringy for you xD

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Dat title tho!

Anyway, as I was getting off-topic in one of the latest thread, I'm thinking it would be nicer to post this is in here instead. Now, please note our fellow CD's - as this isn't meant to be a demand on how you should do the job. This is nothing more than a recommendation and a few tips on how you can one of your tasks, which is moderating the 'Suggestion' section more clear. Don't take it to personal, even If I may sound it-off like to be one xD English ain't my mother tongue (just a reminder).

First of, let's start with one thing: THERE'S TOO MANY LOOKING INTO. Now I'm not saying that you "rEmOve ThEm RiGhT nOw EL OF "EM RN!!!!!11111!", but I'm saying to do it gradually and start doing it sonner (as possible). Just for the sake, and for you (I just don't want you guys to be come pilled up with what appeares to be overwhelming amount of work. Yes, I actually do feel empathy for you, even if it sounds weird and not me alike xD). Ok, back to the chase and enough with the long text in the brackets (hehe), I think it would be neat if everytime you come around, you can clean the forums a bit by just setting a few looking into, that are almost 2 years ago, with approapate tag. Those looking into's are most likely to be consider by the todays concept deciders team not the be the norm, as the standard, and the direction/vision of what pk actually offers. As I said, there are half of them as a 2 years old threads and with this kind of tag, it gives them no meaning anymore, because if they really were "looking into": those ideas would been already turned into reality or rejected with their tag changed to "deny". With more new 'Suggestions' coming every day, now and tommorow, it might make these current problem even a bigger problem, because as I mention ealieer somewhere the word "overwhelming"-- that what might just happen.

With the above rant given, for future and even in this present time, here's a tip: Keep track of threads name of what not! Like, I was browsing on the forums through boredom, scrolling through filtering through way necro threads. As I was browsing, I noticed lots of threads that were suppose to be "complete", but they weren't. So I pmed one of concept designers (you know who you are! *points with a shoulder and winks at him/her), and I gave all links that needed a tag change. Over time, I got tired over doing so, because it appears to be... figuratively over still a million of them left unchanged. So that's kinda the issue-- with the problem being that (imo) makes the section/part of the forum unclean and threads with no replies somehow unlooked (I'll get more into that with the next paragraph). Now, anyone that asks, how to "keep track of threads name" and what not? Well, simple - make a list on a near-by piece of paper. One with listed that is-up to possible consideration, and the other - rejected (or if either of one is unnecessary, just have one paper with a pen :D). After the idea is introduced and implanted into a plugin, strike out the listed name of the respective it >> navigate it through the forum (with search engine help), find it, change the tag and bingo! Much more nicer.

Now for threads that been over a near and 0 zero replies, and asuming they are not noticed (why else would they be ignored), how about creating a new section for it, like call it maybe "Graveyard", where all new threads that are with zero replys after 3 months it has passed, it automaticly gets move to there? I think it would be nice, considering that the annoyingly to restricted "no necro" rule doesn't allow to contribute to that rule, with the above issues I brough up, it just makes your idea ignored and potential of finding a possible thread that is unknown, makes it a miss for everyone.

And first of all, how about giving more activity going on this forum, aka. to be exact: moderating the suggestive threads :D I know there are alot concept designers who are frequently active, so why not take the time to filter out old suggestions as well? Yeah I know you guys should be focusing on new one's, but do you considering splitting the department into two groups: one group that filters out new suggestions, while the other does the old one's. It would definantly make it alot cleaner, easier to understand (as mention, "looking into" means nothing no more), and what's more - change the tags from outdated one's, because it's not possible to find them with the filtering system.

Oh god/golly, I had got carried away. I didn't notice that I was, AND it took me no sweat :eek:. Anywho, I'll now have to create tl;dr vearsion, because obviously nobody would want to read it.

I recommend you ignore the above and focus on below, because it's a big gibbrish-of-me-rambling for what is summarize below.

TL;DR version:
-- Moderate old suggestions, and set their tag, do it in a gradually.
-- Keep track of all old thread names, so it's easier to navigate to them and change their tag to approapate one.
-- Offtopic: create a section called "graveyard", with a system that moves new threads after 3 months with no replies automaticly, for the sake of them getting any notices.
-- Be more active on moderating those suggestions, split the department into two groups if you have to.

-- Change outdated tags into new one's (to easily filter out suggestions.
-- Don't make a big deal out off these thread :D.

(Ironicly, I got an error saying I need to select a prefix for these thread before I could submit it)

Loony

Verified Member
Suggestions being old does not mean they aren't usable or good suggestions. Their purpose is so that concept designers can go through and search for the looking into tag to implement new suggestions. We've done this a lot whenever we plan new core updates as you can tell by looking at the old suggestions that are 'in development' currently. We're not going to delete or move the old suggestions to a 'graveyard' because we still use them. 'Looking Into's purpose isn't to implement every concept we mark looking into, it's to refer to later when we need specific suggestions.

We cannot keep track of old thread names and change them so it's easier to navigate, that's too big of a job and isn't worth it. This is something members should do when creating a suggestion. However, that has given me an idea to have specific rules for thread names.

Concept Designers don't mod threads, that's the community moderators job.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What about all the pending previews/ "Suggestions"? Are they at all noticed by Concept D., but yet undecided whenever it should get "approved" or "denied"?

We cannot keep track of old thread names and change them so it's easier to navigate, that's too big of a job and isn't worth it. This is something members should do when creating a suggestion. However, that has given me an idea to have specific rules for thread names.
Well, you can maybe change their name afterwards it has gone through concept design procress and if it is accepted, that fits the feature/move name that you're about to implant. Of course, this may not work out: I don't think CDs have the technical privilliges to change their name and calling for a moderator to do so would be a tedious task, so nevermind that.

Pride

Verified Member
I'm not looking forward to reading the whole Essay you just made, but yeah... Tbh, it isn't really necessary to change a tag. Just know that people can still take your post into consideration whether it's "Pending Review" or "Looking Into". That's all I really wanna say, honestly. >~<

Loony

Verified Member
What about all the pending previews/ "Suggestions"? Are they at all noticed by Concept D., but yet undecided whenever it should get "approved" or "denied"?

Well, you can maybe change their name afterwards it has gone through concept design procress and if it is accepted, that fits the feature/move name that you're about to implant. Of course, this may not work out: I don't think CDs have the technical privilliges to change their name and calling for a moderator to do so would be a tedious task, so nevermind that.
'Pending Review' was to replace the 'Suggestion' tag, that's all. We have now gone back to the 'Suggestion' tag for convenience.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I haven't read the entire post but judging by the replies, this is similar to the Monthly Updates thread I made. This suggestion isn't 100% necessary, but it is extremely helpful to take this extra step in informing the community. Tags play a role in telling us information that you don't have to say directly. Whether it's "In Development" "Looking Into"/"Approved" or whatever. These help us know the situation of the suggestion and whether or not it's important to remember. Keep in mind that the tags should be kept updated to their current status because, remember, these tags are basically information to the community.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm not looking forward to reading the whole Essay you just made, but yeah... Tbh, it isn't really necessary to change a tag. Just know that people can still take your post into consideration whether it's "Pending Review" or "Looking Into". That's all I really wanna say, honestly. >~<
Well, there are over of 1000 of them, that's why I doubtful they had seen all of them and those threads are probably sitting a corner, alone, scared like a child, of never to be found.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Loony

Verified Member
Well, there are over of 1000 of them, that's why I doubtful they had seen all of them and those threads are probably sitting a corner, alone, scared like a child, of never to be found.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
We can't implement 1000 suggestions at once :p

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
We can't implement 1000 suggestions at once :p
Not implement, but I'm saying leaving a reply if you cannot decide what mark it should be :p Oh, and with the new etiquee, I don't think you guys can unless there is at least one reply :p Oh can we contribute to an idea that has zero responses, because of the necro rule?

Loony

Verified Member
Not implement, but I'm saying leaving a reply if you cannot decide what mark it should be :p Oh, and with the new etiquee, I don't think you guys can unless there is at least one reply :p Oh can we contribute to an idea that has zero responses, because of the necro rule?
We can mark a suggestion even if it has no replies.

Loony

Verified Member
No it doesn't.

That thread states that we can't mark threads until the 24 hour period is over, this is the debate period. It does not mean we need to see debates on the concept before we mark it, just that we have to allow for a debate.