• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Items Mod

Spode

Verified Member
I've thought about this for sometime and while there does exist a mod that adds the necessary items. The focus of the mod seems to be universal, but the mere fact that it adds in items such as gliders and even mobs makes it worth noting. So I was wondering if there was any possibility that there could be a mod that merely adds in cosmetic items and other fun stuff such as clothing of the four nations, gliders, animals, etc.

The mod I am referring to has these things, but it also has the bending abilities. Quiet frankly, I find that ProjectKorra and Minecraft: The Last Airbender managed to capture the spirit (no pun intended) of both series. I might have missed somewhere that might state this, but are there any plans for a mod to add in the rest of the universe?

Sure, people will have to have it installed and most likely forge too, but surely 2 mods isn't that complicated especially with how easy it is to install modifications nowadays. And isn't the Sponge project suppose to let vanilla clients connect to modded servers anyway?

Such a mod could also add in their own variation of the Spirit World which the mod known as Witchery currently adds including specters of one's own body. The only thing different would probably be that instead of sleeping, your body is in a meditative position. Animations could also be added. However, I look forward to seeing what Blaze has in store for us all.

Anyway, just curious.

Last edited:

Gahshunk

Verified Member
This would probably fall under some random mod maker that isn't affiliated with us to make. The aesthetics of the plugin we can offer in the future will be a resource pack, but modding isn't for Project Korra soon.

Spode

Verified Member
This would probably fall under some random mod maker that isn't affiliated with us to make. The aesthetics of the plugin we can offer in the future will be a resource pack, but modding isn't for Project Korra soon.
Yeah, I noticed that there was a resource pack planned. Do you perhaps know if the plans for it would make sense? I noticed a lot of Avatar related packs seem to just try to get as much of the series crammed in there yet it doesn't really fit the overall game of Minecraft.

By making sense, I mean making armors match that of civilians, etc. instead of making it clothing of certain characters, including sounds for the mobs to make you think a cow isn't a cow but that of the animal it is re-textured as, and new names for the items similar to what the Doctor Who and My Little Pony packs did.

Just curious, because this has the chance of being a superior resource pack for Avatar.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yeah, I noticed that there was a resource pack planned. Do you perhaps know if the plans for it would make sense? I noticed a lot of Avatar related packs seem to just try to get as much of the series crammed in there yet it doesn't really fit the overall game of Minecraft.

By making sense, I mean making armors match that of civilians, etc. instead of making it clothing of certain characters, including sounds for the mobs to make you think a cow isn't a cow but that of the animal it is re-textured as, and new names for the items similar to what the Doctor Who and My Little Pony packs did.

Just curious, because this has the chance of being a superior resource pack for Avatar.
We have a mod planned at some point too I believe

Tenket

Verified Member
The original plugin developer wanted this to be as accessible to as many people as possible by not having to install anything over vanilla minecraft to use it. Modding goes against that. I agree with the simplicity of it too. AAA games have spoiled people and minecraft was never about graphics per say. People who push graphics on minecraft are a little odd imo

dNiym

Verified Member
The items from the avatar world can be added in without a special client really.. Through the use of custom item recipes (like the grappling hook) and some code to handle the behaviors.

We have several items already in place ranging from combat to mobility to utility. They do give the functionality of the items and what they can do is really just limited to the imagination of the person designing them.

Here are a couple we've made available to our players, all running vanilla 1.7.10 or 1.8 minecraft clients. All are craftable However only usable by the specific bender types.

Southern Water Tribe Robes: (Utility item for water benders)

Airbender Glider:

Note: Our airbender glider is merely a carpet square, which can not be placed. But it provides a glider like experience that is unlike anything airbenders can experience. However, the user is standing during use as the only way to make a user lie down and fly is to fake sleep packets and move them around as a corpse.. While possible with a vanilla client it is extremely glitchy and makes them invulnerable. Thus we opted to just use our gliders standing up and jogging through the air rather than switch off to a modded client that supports superman style flight.

owlcool

Verified Member
The items from the avatar world can be added in without a special client really.. Through the use of custom item recipes (like the grappling hook) and some code to handle the behaviors.

We have several items already in place ranging from combat to mobility to utility. They do give the functionality of the items and what they can do is really just limited to the imagination of the person designing them.

Here are a couple we've made available to our players, all running vanilla 1.7.10 or 1.8 minecraft clients. All are craftable However only usable by the specific bender types.

Southern Water Tribe Robes: (Utility item for water benders)

Airbender Glider:

Note: Our airbender glider is merely a carpet square, which can not be placed. But it provides a glider like experience that is unlike anything airbenders can experience. However, the user is standing during use as the only way to make a user lie down and fly is to fake sleep packets and move them around as a corpse.. While possible with a vanilla client it is extremely glitchy and makes them invulnerable. Thus we opted to just use our gliders standing up and jogging through the air rather than switch off to a modded client that supports superman style flight.
Could you edit those into the projectkorra forums? They aren't there, so thanks.

V

Vidcom

The original plugin developer wanted this to be as accessible to as many people as possible by not having to install anything over vanilla minecraft to use it. Modding goes against that. I agree with the simplicity of it too. AAA games have spoiled people and minecraft was never about graphics per say. People who push graphics on minecraft are a little odd imo
The client mod will not be required to use the plugin, because that goes against our own philosophies too. It's just going to be a small thing that enables you to use the same bending but in singleplayer, most likely.

Last edited by a moderator:

owlcool

Verified Member
The client mod will not be required to use the plugin, because that goes against are own philosophies too. It's just going to be a small thing that enables you to use the same bending but in singleplayer, most likely.
That was what I was reading off of this, if it required a mod I would be pissed because get this, I CAN'T MOD!!! AT ALL!!!!

owlcool

Verified Member
The client mod will not be required to use the plugin, because that goes against are own philosophies too. It's just going to be a small thing that enables you to use the same bending but in singleplayer, most likely.
@Vidcom I know a bit about that craft item water robes, should I make the forums page? You gonna do it for me? That would be so sweet!!!

owlcool

Verified Member
Dude, I must have tried 20 different video walkthroughs, wikihow and a few more written guides. It is not gonna happen unless something big happens. I will try it now since you might be the 900th person to give me seemingly
useless advice, and there is the rare rare rare chance you might have actually fixed my laptop with that one word.

dNiym

Verified Member
Could you edit those into the projectkorra forums? They aren't there, so thanks.
Not really, the PK source does not yet support item addons (like drop in abilities) And they require a couple additions to various places in the code to get them to activate that would require them to be officially added in by PK staff.

IE the water robes check activation on player move event (if the player is a water bender and is underwater they activate) Likewise they deactivate if the player is not underwater.

The glider also has a check built into onplayermove to counteract gravity and handle the glider flight mechanics, and another check onplayerswing to handle the boost feature. And a completely seperate API for the methods of creating, enchanting disenchanting the items.

In short they're not just a drop in thing.

owlcool

Verified Member
Not really, the PK source does not yet support item addons (like drop in abilities) And they require a couple additions to various places in the code to get them to activate that would require them to be officially added in by PK staff.

IE the water robes check activation on player move event (if the player is a water bender and is underwater they activate) Likewise they deactivate if the player is not underwater.

The glider also has a check built into onplayermove to counteract gravity and handle the glider flight mechanics, and another check onplayerswing to handle the boost feature. And a completely seperate API for the methods of creating, enchanting disenchanting the items.

In short they're not just a drop in thing.
:(