• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bug Report Is ice blast broken?

Loony

Verified Member
I'm asking a simple question. Is ice blast broken?

It seems that on every single server I have been on, when someone gets hits with ice blast it lags the player that has been hit. It has become such an issue people have started to call those who use this move ''Lag Benders''.
Maybe it's the particles that the moves uses, or there's some other issue going on, but either way it does need to be fixed.

If ice blast wasn't used for water combo's, I would have disabled it on my server.
I ask that you try to fix the issue that's causing people to lag, or, have it so that you can change the particles that it uses so it causes less lag.

Thanks for reading,
~Loony

Sorin

Verified Member
I lag as well and my pc is a beast, don't believe me? Here's my specs:
- Intel Core i7-5820K Processor
- Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling
- 2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 970's
- 16GB 2133MHz Memory
- 120GB SSD
- 2TB Hard Drive
- 800 Watt Power Supply
- Windows 8.1

Loony

Verified Member
It's the move.
If it wasn't, other moves would lag us out too, but they don't.

jedk1

I lag as well and my pc is a beast, don't believe me? Here's my specs:
- Intel Core i7-5820K Processor
- Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling
- 2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 970's
- 16GB 2133MHz Memory
- 120GB SSD
- 2TB Hard Drive
- 800 Watt Power Supply
- Windows 8.1
It doesn't lag me...
- Intel Core i7-2600
- Generic Fan Cooling
- 1x Nvidia GeForce GTX 555 1gb
- 8GB RAM
- 2TB HDD
- Win7 64x

Ice Blast still runs at a fine 150fps...

Sorin

Verified Member
lol but i don't though. lelele and windows 8 sucks. windows 7 is the master generation
Window's 8 may be a little less developed, but just remember one day it will be the master generation ;-) And in all honesty i choose to have windows 8 due to the point more people will be developing and programming based on it, most likely higher customize ability and things like that, don't hate on the operating system cuz it will always be further developed. But back on point i'm not the only person that lags when this move is in use so why keep it as is and not make it so it isn't as lagy and better for everyone overall and not just for the lucky people. I though it would be better to optimize it and make it so everyone can use it instead of fighting over pc specs?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So we have come to the conclusion that A. People are computer racist B. Iceblast is not broken, any lag caused by it is completely your fault for not having a better computer. :p

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
well yea, all it can play is minecraft and csgo. when windows can play almost every game xD
csgo? What's that?
Also, I play Guild Wars 2.
My windows laptop is the most crappy thing I've ever seen or used :)
Then, when I tried to launch GW2, smoke came from my laptop. :)

</3 I hate windows </3