• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Iron Armor Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Metalbending
Use: This would make it possible to use moves like metalclips and future ingot related moves from iron chestplates in exchange for durability.
Pros: This would give metalbenders the ability to use more of their inventory for things other then holding iron ingots.
Cons: This could be considered overpowered, so maybe to keep it fair make the metalbender craft the chestplate with a iron block, if that has majority support this should be moved to rpg.

Sketz

Verified Member
I like this Idea. It's legit.
People might say it can turn out op, but I say people in Legend Of Korra Didn't complain about them having armor.
However, Minecraft and LoK is very different. :/

owlcool

Verified Member
I like this Idea. It's legit.
People might say it can turn out op, but I say people in Legend Of Korra Didn't complain about them having armor.
However, Minecraft and LoK is very different. :/
I am certain eventually the items will balance each other out.

paliate

Verified Member
It just seems unnecessary to make a whole thread based of wanting the same thing, to me atleast.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
in my thread, which coastyo has posted above, it talks about the same thing that you have mentioned, just a bit father down in the comments.

owlcool

Verified Member
in my thread, which coastyo has posted above, it talks about the same thing that you have mentioned, just a bit father down in the comments.
So you want people to make suggestions, in your suggestion, and never to make a actual suggestion off of it. Nice logic there buddy. And it is not like I copy pasted the suggestion, I added in a crafting idea to make it not quite as op.

owlcool

Verified Member
And then again, it is not like this suggestion is the first of it's kind. There are MANY variations upon the same basic idea.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I understand that, but honestly it could have saved us all some time if you just commented your thoughts on my thread. I really like you idea about making the crafting more costly with iron blocks though, that makes it a bit less op.

owlcool

Verified Member
I understand that, but honestly it could have saved us all some time if you just commented your thoughts on my thread. I really like you idea about making the crafting more costly with iron blocks though, that makes it a bit less op.
But your thread was not freaking even about that, it was about a upgrade to eartharmor, not using iron armor for shooting metalclips. So, yeah. And you can't have more then 1 suggestion per thread.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
(I know this is going to sound really rude and sassy, but I really don't mean to be) Ok, thank you for telling me that because personally I didn't know that. I will make sure to keep my suggestions to a maximum of one in the future, but again I really like you idea about making it less op with using iron blocks instead of ingots :) I really just like any metal bending moves, and you seem to come up with a lot of good ones, so keep them coming :D

Gold

Verified Member
I think a cool add on with it would be if you used metal clips with iron armor and the durability went away. But if you shift and the iron ingots come back to you (In your inv) the durability would be restored.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I think that's fair considering that it is somewhat hard to aim metal clips perfectly unless you are close to the target. I would agree with 30 ingots in a chest plate

Gold

Verified Member
Let's not only make it for chestplates but maybe boots and helmets? 15 ingots for the boots and 20 for helm? Leggings seem pretty derpy to me

owlcool

Verified Member
Maybe it should be with just a leather chestplate crafted with a iron block. The armor would just be leather, but it would have the metalclips properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.