• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Idea for Lava Bending

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoshiKross

Verified Member
(Note these are just idea i have.)

With lava bending I think they should add:

Lava Spout: Basically it like air spout but with lava but cause a small explosion on the floor and you ride on a column of lava.

Lava Surge : Like water surge but with lava and fire damage and knock back.

Lava Burst : Multiple short column of lava appear around you and stay for 10sec.

crystallization :(note this bending is just my idea and a bit op) When using this move on lava it have a 10%
chance to turn 1 lava block into iron ore and a 0.1% chance for diamond ore and a 89.9% chance to turn lava into obsidian.

Lava Needle : send 3 separate lava block in a straight line with a slight homing.

How was some of these idea? (Note these are just idea i have.)

V

Vidcom

LavaSurge was implemented in today's dev build in exactly how you have described it. The rest are sound ideas though :)

videogamefish

Verified Member
I think lava bending sounds cool, maybe a move like phase change that Ghazan does, where you have to hold shift to heat the earth in front of you, creating a pit of lava, where you can use that lava as a source to bend with. Maybe then like phase change after walking a distance away from it, it reverts to its original form?

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I don't find lava spout to be a good idea in any sense. Earthbenders aren't just immune to it's deadly touch.

Chen

Verified Member
Crystallization, I don't really think that many LavaBenders in LoK we able to make diamond or Iron out of lava, this seems a bit far fetched.
And as far as I'm aware LavaBenders weren't immune to Lava, so I doubt you'd be able to sit on a spout of Lava and survive.

V

Vidcom

Crystallization, I don't really think that many LavaBenders in LoK we able to make diamond or Iron out of lava, this seems a bit far fetched.
And as far as I'm aware LavaBenders weren't immune to Lava, so I doubt you'd be able to sit on a spout of Lava and survive.
Concerning Crystallization, I can agree that freezing lava to stone is a good idea. Magically finding ore in there I don't get though.

ashe36

Verified Member
Ghazan was actually seen running away from his own lava in the season finale, so I'd say no to lava spout as well as these two gentlemen.

videogamefish

Verified Member
I would just be a little concerned about griefing, since obsidian can be a pain to remove, but as you said it could be temporary and have a radius in which it disappears.

TicTac

Verified Member
This sounds like a cool thing for lava bending except making Crystallization is kinda expensive but the rest i Like :)

Status
Not open for further replies.