• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion IceClaws/WaterBall (Yeah I know it was suggesting, but this one is better)

Knowing that by simply giving all the waterbenders to bend moisture out of thin air as a norm would just cramp the style of that bending art. (Not even gonna mention, but it also makes it overabusive/spammy).

Imo, having this move given to a few minor of unrelated players by the randomization system, I believe it would be as an acceptable standard for the pk team to put this idea into consideration.

Since RPG has introduced the Special Bender Chance, the same concept could be applied to that ability only: leaving it as a rare chance, in a form a percentage (14% maybe?), for someone to possess this move/application while as an waterbender.

These two moves could either be coded as an new introduced standalone abilities, or as an extention of the pre-existing abilities (the one's I have in mind is watermanipulation/icespike: while occupying these abilities, it will only be trigger with left-click IF the auto sourcing is enabled; select "air" as a source if its not)

The Config for it would look along the lines someway, but not literally, like this:
Code:
Waterball:
Damage: 1
Percentage: 15%
Cooldown: 8

IceClaws
Knockback: 2.5
Cooldown: 6
PinDownEntitiesToWalls: true

Note: I'm only suggesting this for RPG plugin, not the Core.
Mainly because it's/they're special ability/ies and this involves the percentage chance concept.

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Knowing that by simply giving all the waterbenders to bend moisture out of thin air as a norm would just cramp the style of that bending art. (Not even gonna mention, but it also makes it overabusive/spammy).

Imo, having this move given to a few minor of unrelated players by the randomization system, I believe it would be as an acceptable standard for the pk team to put this idea into consideration.

Since RPG has introduced the Special Bender Chance, the same concept could be applied to that ability only: leaving it as a rare chance, in a form a percentage (14% maybe?), for someone to possess this move/application while as an waterbender.

These two moves could either be coded as an new introduced standalone abilities, or as an extention of the pre-existing abilities (the one's I have in mind is watermanipulation/icespike: while occupying these abilities, it will only be trigger with left-click IF the auto sourcing is enabled; select "air" as a source if its not)

The Config for it would look along the lines someway, but not literally, like this:
Code:
Waterball:
Damage: 1
Cooldown: 8

IceClaws
Knockback: 2.5
Cooldown: 6
PinDownEntitiesToWalls: true

Note: I'm only suggesting this for RPG plugin, not the Core.
Mainly because it's/they're special ability/ies and this involves the percentage chance concept.
1. You cannot have percentage signs in a configuration -.-
2. You did not indent your configuration either which would cause problems -0-
3. Being able to bend moisture out of air is a skill that MASTER waterbenders can learn, Katara learned it, she wasn't born with the skill. Hama learned how to do it, and she wasn't born with the skill either.
4. This would go good in a skill tree however not with the Special Bender Chance

1. How does the Random Element Assignment work?
2. Rephrase that.
3. Waterarms is a master ability :eek:
4. Agree.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

1. How does the Random Element Assignment work?
2. Rephrase that.
3. Waterarms is a master ability :eek:
4. Agree.

1. Not with 15% etc. It counts up all numbers and then picks an element based on those numbers. It's not really percent because they don't have to add up to 100 in total.
2. This
Code:
WhateverMove:
Damage: 2
Cooldown: 2000
is not the same as
Code:
WhateverMove:
    Damage: 2
    Cooldown: 2
3. WaterArms without actual arms is a master ability. Many others have used waterarms together with actual arms before.

"Waterarms without actual arms"... wut? List those masters then.

Master Pakku I believe was his name, Katara, and some waterbenders from the northern watertribe. My point is that in the show it was shown that waterarms was much easier to perform if the user had actual arms to their body, unlike Ming Hua.

Master Pakku I believe was his name, Katara, and some waterbenders from the northern watertribe. My point is that in the show it was shown that waterarms was much easier to perform if the user had actual arms to their body, unlike Ming Hua.
Master Pakku never did waterarms (you can prove me wrong with a canon picture), and neither did I saw anybody else from the watertribe. While Katara did it, I didn't ask to include her-- she is a master, and I asked to list the opposite that aren't on that level as her.

3. Being able to bend moisture out of air is a skill that MASTER waterbenders can learn, Katara learned it, she wasn't born with the skill. Hama learned how to do it, and she wasn't born with the skill either.
If that's gonna be your rational response, how about we first look into the pre-existing abilties/techniques, which are classified under for MASTER water (and other benders) If we look into from the canon lore.

For instance, the wiki claims/considers that " Master waterbenders are able to extract water from plants, ultimately killing the plants, and even condense water vapor out of thin air.".

Digging more in the waterbending page under the wiki, I can also conclude that it categories some abilities (waterspout, waterring ~ similar to torrent, and octopusform) which are learned by those who mastered this level. If that's the (only) way you look at recreating things from the series, may you then please consider removing the abilities that I have listed in the bracket?

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Digging more in the waterbending page under the wiki, I can also conclude that it categories some abilities (waterspout, waterring ~ similar to torrent, and octopusform) which are learned by those who mastered this level. ?
Aang is not where near as proficient with water bending as Katara, yet he knows how to use the octopus form.

Master Pakku never did waterarms (you can prove me wrong with a canon picture), and neither did I saw anybody else from the watertribe. While Katara did it, I didn't ask to include her-- she is a master, and I asked to list the opposite that aren't on that level as her.

If that's gonna be your rational response, how about we first look into the pre-existing abilties/techniques, which are classified under for MASTER water (and other benders) If we look into from the canon lore.

For instance, the wiki claims/considers that " Master waterbenders are able to extract water from plants, ultimately killing the plants, and even condense water vapor out of thin air.".
If everything was based upon master level bending barely any moves would exist to the benders arsenal, because a lot of what the bending has is from the show that included both masters and beginners, also we rarely see non masters bending in the show with the exception of a few scenes where either Aang is learning, or Katara is learning.

If everything was based upon master level bending barely any moves would exist to the benders arsenal, because a lot of what the bending has is from the show that included both masters and beginners, also we rarely see non masters bending in the show with the exception of a few scenes where either Aang is learning, or Katara is learning.
That's the whole point. Now you sound hypocritical about it.