• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Ice Spike Add-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Ice Trap:
A simple add-on to the move Ice Spike. To use this add on, shift while looking at a water bendable source. Then right click while looking at your target. A few blocks of ice will rise about 5 blocks above the enemy you clicked at. Once the ice is above the entity, the blocks will fall to the ground and surround the target, effectively trapping them. However, you must be within block placing range to perform this move on a target.

This move would simply trap the target, not hurting them in the process. The ice surrounding them would prevent them from activating any moves, but it would also prevent you from attacking them. This add-on would only be used to keep your enemy in place while planning your next move.

Configurable:
Start up time: 2 seconds
Ice trap lasting: 5 seconds
Cooldown: 12 seconds

Visual:

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
You can't use right click as a way to trigger a move unless you are right clicking with an item or right clicking on the person that is within your block placing range.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Then that would become the range of the move. You have to be within block placing range to perform this move on a player or mob.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
The gif that you have reminds me of a torrent flying into the air then going down to freeze someone, why not just use torrent or surge to freeze the player?

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Because then you have to deal with giant spheres of ice. Plus, I think that this scene is one of the things that inspired the move ice spike. I wouldn't know for sure though. Plus when I trap someone with surge or torrent, it either takes them 15 seconds to get out, or they tp away. Of course nothing would be stopping them from typing away in this situation, but I always think it's nice to expand on moves that are already existent, improving them, and giving them more uses. Drawing out the most potential from each ability.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Because then you have to deal with giant spheres of ice. Plus, I think that this scene is one of the things that inspired the move ice spike. I wouldn't know for sure though. Plus when I trap someone with surge or torrent, it either takes them 15 seconds to get out, or they tp away. Of course nothing would be stopping them from typing away in this situation, but I always think it's nice to expand on moves that are already existent, improving them, and giving them more uses. Drawing out the most potential from each ability.
The fact that the player can teleport away is more of a server issue, irrelevant to this. It is nice to expand on moves, but it's not nice to have 3 moves that do almost the same thing..

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Not the same thing, the ice doesn't surround them in a sphere, it traps them with 2 block high pillars all around them. They can still escape easily, but it gives you enough time to set up your next move. If you're just going to keep complaining about my suggestion instead of telling me what I could do to make this idea better, then it's better for both of us if you stopped commenting on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.