• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Ice Boots (Useful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is already one suggested, but the creator who though didn't much thought of useful it would be, without a plain rip-off of waterwave (sorry, but not sorry).

What does it do?
  • Basically, with this ability the user does jump. After doing so, as the name from the title implies: creates ice boots (blue-ish died leather shoes).
  • With this, you can infinitely go down a mountain/slope or whatever.
    • To do, you must "push" yourself off a cliff.
    • The Thing you're going down must be constructed out of snow, or at least covered by a snow laye
    • The Ice Boots take duration
      • Whenever you fall on a 2 deep pit/slope. (the deeper slope = the bigger duration lost)
      • When the boots come into contact on non-snowy surface.
    • The Boots break when you crash into a wall or a 1x1 obstacle, where the feet meet.
    • Ability ends when you reach the bottom off the mountain/cliff.
What it can't do?
  • Skate you on smooth surfaces.
    • Debatable: maybe the inertia could do job of overcoming the limit,after send you off the slop, to a certain amount of distance?
  • Skate you up a mountain/slope
Application:
  • Reach the bottom faster from a moutain.

ETA: Another this ability could do is to stop your inertia while you w/ boots are skating down and give you some resistance to knockback via sneaking. The User could sneak again to remove ice shoots. Certain abilties (e.g. airsuction) will require to be used at a certain amount of times at the user to destroy their icy boots and nullify this ability.

Last edited:

Pride

Seems interesting and actually pretty cool.
But one thing, who's gonna find a giant mountain of snow and expect someone to chase them? Disregarding why you would want to push yourself off a snowy cliff. ._.

If you're being chased by mob, I can understand that, lmfao.
But WaterSpout and Surge are also relevant too, you know. Lmao.

>.>

But one thing, who's gonna find a giant mountain of snow and expect someone to chase them? >.>
In taiga biome... pretty sure a lot of mountains can be find there. And what about chasing? I don't expectly this ability to be used only for the sake of running away from someone. I'm certain we can find other uses for it, than just from running from the maniacs.

(While it may be situational to be doing just that in out of nowhere in arctic, so the likelyhood would be probably when you piss of a big polar bear :D)

Pride

In taiga biome... pretty sure a lot of mountains can be find there. And what about chasing? I don't expectly this ability to be used only for the sake of running away from someone. I'm certain we can find other uses for it, than just from running from the maniacs.

(While it may be situational to be doing just that in out of nowhere in arctic, so the likelyhood would be probably when you piss of a big polar bear :D)
1.) True, I never thought of the Taiga Biome. It was always irrelevant to me. XD
2.) Hmm, perhaps. Maybe another use of transportation. However, there are a lot of ways to move around with Water, tbh.
For example:
  • SwiftSwim Passive.
  • WaterWave (As you said before).
  • Surge Propel.
  • WaterSpout.
  • Ice/Snow Running Passive.
  • Etc.
I can totally agree with that. I've been in that situation before. XD
Especially Naga, never piss her off, ma dude.

2.) Hmm, perhaps. Maybe another use of transportation. However, there are a lot of ways to move around with Water, tbh.
For example:
  • WaterWave (As you said before).
Haven't test it on a mountain, but I presume the movement goes sloppy. I just thought waterwave is slow and goes a short distance, and you'll have to sprint down with your feet for the rest of the mountain downard. That would just be painful to do imo :p

• Ice/Snow Running Passive.
Pretty sure that's a custom thing, created by a fan, so you shouldn't count on it as an argument.

Pride

Haven't test it on a mountain, but I presume the movement goes sloppy. I just thought waterwave is slow and goes a short distance, and you'll have to sprint down with your feet for the rest of the mountain downard. That would just be painful to do imo :p
Lmfao, I totally agree with you. WaterWave does go fairly slowly. Maybe change up WaterWave just a little to make it go a little further would be nice. :D

Lmfao, I totally agree with you. WaterWave does go fairly slowly. Maybe change up WaterWave just a little to make it go a little further would be nice. :D
I'm fine with that. Thought, how cool it would be if waterwave just change into ice boots right after you drop down the snow cliff, so you could reenact desna&eska's badass scene.

Loony

There is already one suggested, but the creator who though didn't much thought of useful it would be, without a plain rip-off of waterwave (sorry, but not sorry).

What does it do?
  • Basically, with this ability the user does jump. After doing so, as the name from the title implies: creates ice boots (blue-ish died leather shoes).
  • With this, you can infinitely go down a mountain/slope or whatever.
    • To do, you must "push" yourself off a cliff.
    • The Thing you're going down must be constructed out of snow, or at least covered by a snow laye
    • The Ice Boots take duration
      • Whenever you fall on a 2 deep pit/slope. (the deeper slope = the bigger duration lost)
      • When the boots come into contact on non-snowy surface.
    • The Boots break when you crash into a wall or a 1x1 obstacle, where the feet meet.
    • Ability ends when you reach the bottom off the mountain/cliff.
What it can't do?
  • Skate you on smooth surfaces.
    • Debatable: maybe the inertia could do job of overcoming the limit,after send you off the slop, to a certain amount of distance?
  • Skate you up a mountain/slope
Application:
  • Reach the bottom faster from a moutain.

ETA: Another this ability could do is to stop your inertia while you w/ boots are skating down and give you some resistance to knockback via sneaking. The User could sneak again to remove ice shoots. Certain abilties (e.g. airsuction) will require to be used at a certain amount of times at the user to destroy their icy boots and nullify this ability.
The image is snow, which is waterbendable and soft. There aren't snowy mountains or cliffs in normal Minecraft, and this would look rather weird in Minecraft too, since sliding down cliffs aren't a thing. Thread denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.