• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion How to encourage people to use bending in wilderness? (part 1)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
^^^ That idea is kinda absent, and I'll try my best to brainstorm of good ideas on how that can be redeem that problem. :)

First of the few things:
Competition in global economy

Once lighting bending became more spread and common among the civilians of Republic City, in which is shows that some find a practical use for it-- as Mako by applying a job in the power plant utilize the bending technique to earn money.

Perhaps along with all other abilities, with the addition of collebration a currency and hire-employee-for-production (if there is one) plugin together this could be introduced into the plugin.

To put for short with going all confusing with long essays: Just allow benders to earn money by bending through out a specific X time period. If possible, allow players to hire benders as employee that would be assign jobs to complete through their bending and give the full control over their work (fire, unassign, dismiss, change the work hours, payment ect.).

Examples could be like:
Continues duty to smelt items and maintem their process of the furnaces (firebenders, since fireblast can trigger the effect).
To do animal farming (waterbenders, via surge: to push mobs to the grinder).
Builders (earthbending).
To assist in making a dig side under big bodies of the oceans (waterbenders and airbenders, through Water/Air Bubble).
And ect.

Any thoughts about this? In the next thread, I'm planning on suggesting the ways on how avatar can be more evolve with the duties and task of "to maintain balance between balance" and that kind of stuff. Anyone willing to join me and give a helping hand for idea storming?

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
addition of collebration a currency and hire-employee-for-production
No. If we were to collaborate with another plugin, PK would become dependent on them to update when we do or we'll never actually progress.
Continues duty to smelt items and maintem their process of the furnaces (firebenders, since fireblast can trigger the effect).
To do animal farming (waterbenders, via surge: to push mobs to the grinder).
Builders (earthbending).
To assist in making a dig side under big bodies of the oceans (waterbenders and airbenders, through Water/Air Bubble).
And ect.
And people already do that by themselves. There isn't a reason to add an incentive to "encourage" people to bend in the wild as people on most servers already use bending quite a lot.

YourAverageNerd

Verified Member
No. If we were to collaborate with another plugin, PK would become dependent on them to update when we do or we'll never actually progress.
Not sure what type of collaboration we're talking about, but if we're talking about 'depending' on another plugin in the bukkit way of talking, we wouldn't have to wait for new updates from them. Most plugins other plugins depend on are API like things, which kind of means they are 'done' and only new things will be added or removed. To add a new feature to PK, the plugin it depends on wouldn't have to be updated too.

I still don't know what type of collaboration we're talking about so this info is useless anyway.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Magority of battles I see are only in arenas and rarely if not on wilderness.

Maybe I'm just claustrophobic, but
I remember back in the days where there was a server not confined to boarders and alike stuff.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt