• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

How to beat an Earth Bender?

Celesteia

Verified Member
Hello, I have a question. One of my biggest weaknesses is an Earth Bender that spams earthblast (most do) and it's almost impossible to avoid unless I run away, but they still earth blast me from afar. Is there anyway to counter these earthbenders? Which element (other than earth) is able to counter them well (taking least damage while dealing the most) Are there any techniques to beat these earthbenders who spam earthblast? Thanks~

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
There is no way to counter an earthbender that knows what he's doing. The closest thing to a counter is an airbender who knows how to dodge and fight at range. Water can lure earth into water or use torrentsuction. Fire usually works by catching them on fire, and staying back. Earthbenders can tank anything from blaze to walloffire with eartharmor. But you can firejet into charged fireblast them. This counters raiseearth spammers. Get em from behind !
And earth vs earth is all about landing hits from under, or near them. Side shots are also an option. Most importantly, if you use eartharmor after an opponent, their eartharmor wears off before yours. You can tank their shots at half damage, while you do full damage.
If you don't care about being cheap, if you spam airsuction and get an earthbender into water, its over.
BUT, if an earthbender is good enough, they are almost invincible at times.

Chen

Verified Member
If you're air for example, you have quite a big advantage at close range, as you both have a similar cooldown on your main attacks (Earth Blast/Air Swipe) yet Air swipe is much easier to execute quickly than EarthBlast is. Therefore if you're at close range fighting an EarthBender, every time he shifts jump and use AirSwipe at him.
Also, you have a huge Ariel advantage as an AirBender, not to mention a huge difference in speed, so play around with that.

runefist

Verified Member
If you're air for example, you have quite a big advantage at close range, as you both have a similar cooldown on your main attacks (Earth Blast/Air Swipe) yet Air swipe is much easier to execute quickly than EarthBlast is. Therefore if you're at close range fighting an EarthBender, every time he shifts jump and use AirSwipe at him.
Also, you have a huge Ariel advantage as an AirBender, not to mention a huge difference in speed, so play around with that.
As air just spam airswipe, you block everything + do damage xD

Well ^ that said.

Hello, I have a question. One of my biggest weaknesses is an Earth Bender that spams earthblast (most do) and it's almost impossible to avoid unless I run away, but they still earth blast me from afar. Is there anyway to counter these earthbenders? Which element (other than earth) is able to counter them well (taking least damage while dealing the most) Are there any techniques to beat these earthbenders who spam earthblast? Thanks~
Earth is probably even stronger if you come to close since they can spam earthblast on you that won't miss, try and confront them in a region where there is almost no earth.

Also, every bending needs skill, try and train, as best as you can and you will beat your opponent! :D

Celesteia

Verified Member
Is his name killer_max by any chance?
No, it's really just every eathbender in general. The only way I know how to beat them is Catapult + Lightning/Fireblast or Shockwave, and then running. (Or sometimes I spam earthblast against them, but I usually fail)

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No, it's really just every eathbender in general. The only way I know how to beat them is Catapult + Lightning/Fireblast or Shockwave, and then running. (Or sometimes I spam earthblast against them, but I usually fail)
If you're an earthbender just redirect his shots....