• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

How do you use projectKorra?

Best element to use while mining is:.........

• Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire

• Air

• Total voters

Tenket

Verified Member
Hi,
I use this thing for zero PvP. Controversial maybe. Mainly because no servers in Australia and my connection is not super great.

Generally I use it to mine and go around my normal minecraft business.

• Air
  • Easiest to use. You dont need to worry about falling damage and very easy to distance yourself from threats. Not too many abilities, and they fit together in an obvious way. However you do need more skill to get to average proficiency at this. Pretty high skill cap too.
  • Air is great for travel and recon, when you take the glider (from PK items) into account it feels a lot like the show. Traveling by flicking yourself swyward with airblast or tornado and then gliding is both efficient and fun
  • You need to carry equipment to cook food and produce light. Mobs at night can be annoying but only if you stop, but at least you can set up somewhere difficult for mobs to reach. Eg on top of mountain is great as enemies either die from fall or are unable to reach you after being blasted off mountain.
  • While Mining its great to float down mine shafts and use it for flicking enemies off into lava and different rooms.
  • Can be annoying when you actually have to kill enemies while underground. Turns into a grind if there's no heights or lava.
  • Nether trips are a breeze (pun intended). Enemies are immune to fire but also harmless at bottom of lava lakes (implying you airblasted them there). Height poses no problem as tornado, airblast and airglide make things laughably easy. If you ever have to kill something it will be a grind if you actually want the drops. Using Tornado before you hit the surface makes falling into lava lakes very easy to recover from.
  • You can design bases that are only accessible (easily) by airbenders (floating islands are pretty good)

• Fire
  • 2nd easiest to use. Your own abilities can kill you and you can die from falling, but that damage is great and you have all the basic survival tools (cook food, light, weapon). Low skill cap to get basic proficency, your abilities are pretty easy to use and do good damage in a straightforward way. medium skill cap to be high skill.
  • Fire can be used offensively very satisfyingly. Burning things to death has a certain charm. Especially my friends who play with me. People are most alarmed when killed by fire bending vs other elements.
  • Ok to roam. Kinda like jumping along rocks, you need to get a flow going with firejet. That's fun. But objectively slower than air or even earth. Faster than an unskilled waterbender though.
  • When roaming, you instantly have cooked food if you kill with fire. Or just use heatcontrol to cook it. Very convienient. Also means you are more self sufficient
  • Self sufficient while roaming as you dont need torches, furnace to cook food, or weapons. Just survive a few zombies and heal up with full health bar.
  • Mining is pretty great as you can use fireblast to light up a 3x3 square in dark areas ahead. You can use this to see if any enemies are there, and also to light up an area while you place torches to light it up.
  • If you are smart lava should never be a problem, but instantly cooling large pools of lava is a wonderful thing.
  • Can cancel falling damage with choice use of firejet.
  • The nether presents you with some challenges. Enemies are immune to fire, mostly netherrack so you need to extinquish everything after fighting. But in exchange you can instantly extinguish entire lakes of lava (extinguishing threat), the multi levels can be traversed with skillful firejets, falling into lava lakes can be negated by canceling fall damage with firejet and extinguishing lava with heat control.
  • My firebending bases had netherrack everywhere. I could clear out mobs by lighting up the netherrack with blaze or fireblast.

• Earth
  • 3rd easiest to use. You need to select sources but at least its practically everywhere. Earth suffers from too many ability syndrome, so it's confusing to pick the mix that suits you best. You need to consider crowd control effects of blocking and making holes to make up damage.
  • Somewhat ok for roaming. Catapult does distance likea beast and outclasses airbenders in speed. But is just not awesome for precise travel. It does have a shift version that goes less distance, but Ive dropped myself into lava pools in the overworld twice. I'd suggest mapping out areas (or line of sight) b4 long distance catapults happen. Custom travel abilities like earthride are helping fill the gap in earthbenders lack of short distance travel abilities.
  • Instant shelter while roaming. Earth grab and collapse when finished, bingo.
  • Great for early game as you can use raise earth to find iron ore quickly. Raise a wall anywhere, if theres no iron collapse the wall and raise up the line next to it. Pretty quick to get 3 iron ingots and even quicker if you have a metalbender.
  • When roaming theres a huge power trip when you climb a mountain with pillars and the like.
  • When mining you are god. All who disagree get locked in a dead end branch of mine-shaft until they change their mind. Or buried alive, depends on your disposition.
  • Use of raisearth/collapse require some finesse. I remember Toph pulling sokka out of a crevice at times like this, where she insists she must do it as it's easy for sokka to be crushed. Ive buried myself many times
  • The nether is somewhat easy. You can travel vertically pretty easily if you are skilled in your execution and planning of catapult. Lava lakes mean instant death as it's impossible for earthbenders to recover after falling, this is the only element with this weakness. You can ignore ghasts by breaking line of sight with raise earth generally.
  • The earthbender bases you can make are beyond epic. I made a simple one where you could only enter if you collapsed a wall that looked exactly the same as the rest of a hill. Totally invisible. Ive also made doors that are opened/closed by raise earth collapse by making frame unbendable and door bendable. Great fun.

• Water
  • This is most difficult to use as it requires sources but those are not as prevalent as earth. Bottle bending negates this somewhat but then creates something else to remember about (ammo count).
  • Choice use of water shield can cancel fall damage. Activate mid air and face it down and it's like landing in water.
  • While traveling over land i found waterbending annoying in its approach. Traveling by surge or more recent water wave were finicky and only favored flat ground plus required water shield to negate fall damage. If you travel over or through water sources thats different, as waterbenders travel over water the fastest and easiest of all. Jumping and sprinting over ice is very fast (almost as fast as firebender firejet chains) and can be used by a teammate also.
  • Roaming is ok-ish. You can feed yourslef the easiest using with custom abilities of wakefishing you are able to catch fish with waterbending. Reduced need to find food as you can heal yourself pretty easily. As you can use plant bending plus you are are roaming, water is rarely a problem to find but bottle bending is advised almost necessary. Making bases for the night is not entirely needed if you are traveling oceans. On land however base making is basically the same as vanilla, waterbending isn't much help. But as you get stronger at night theres also reduced need to build a base if you are roaming and you know where you want to go.
  • You are the nether's bitch. You need to carry all of your own water via bottle bending, and if you run out of water mid battle you are finished. Only way to refill bottles is to use a cauldron and water bucket, but an inventory hungry solution. You can travel vertically by making ice with torrent and then using water spout, this is very limited and if you get knocked off the ice you can die from falling easily. Dropping into lava is easy to recover from with a downward facing water shield, it also extinguishes the lava in a circle the size of the shield (a pretty terrible place to run out of water)
  • My waterbender bases use phasechange as a way to open/close doors. Or a pool of water at the base of a cliff and an entrance at the level waterspout reaches (you can make night only entry by making the entrance the height of a nighttime water spout).
  • Also fun to make your floors out of water with signs below, and make the whole base high up. That way you need to use phase change to move through that place with any speed (plus risk of falling)

Summaries

Easiest to use
  • Air
  • Fire
  • Earth
  • Water

Easiest to Learn
  • Fire
  • Air
  • Water
  • Earth

How difficult to master
  • Water
  • Earth
  • Air
  • Fire
Suitability for roaming
  • Fire
  • Air
  • Earth
  • Water

Suitability for traveling over/on land
  • Air (Lower speed than earth but perfect control)
  • Earth (Highest speed than air but low control)
  • Fire
  • Water (better than fire if there is a river nearby)

Suitability for traveling over/on ocean
  • Water
  • Air
  • Fire (almost useless)
  • Earth (useless)

Suitability for mining
  • Earth
  • Fire
  • Air
  • Water

Suitability for Nether
  • Air
  • Fire
  • Earth
  • Water

I havent really played as metalbender, lavabender, or chiblocker so i havent included anything here, but would love to hear about other peoples experiences with them.

Tell me what you all do with your projectKorra

Last edited:

Tenket

Verified Member
Earthbending, the ability extraction lets you take ingots and such out of ore
EarthTunnel down to around level 12, then earth tunnel straight forward.
Mine with a silk touch pickaxe and then use extraction on those ores later. Easy money
Extraction is strictly a metalbending ability. But true.
I roleplay a bit so i dont like using abilities a strict earthbender would have. Ill try out being a metal bender sometime soon.