• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Pending Review Helper Rank

Could a Helper rank be beneficial to the community, with limits?

• Yes, staff needs the help to manage the community.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No, staff does a good job as it is. They don't need to be giving out perks like this to just anyone.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • This won't make much change, I don't see it affecting anything.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I'm sure this has been thought of, or even suggested, because of it's simplicity but I'll continue anyways. I think the forums really need this.

This would be sort of a lower-ranked Moderator rank. With this rank, users will have a BIT more control over the forums as a normal player. For instance, the concept designers need help sifting through suggestions. A helper would be able to to label a suggest as "Promising" or "Possible" or some other synonym. This label would allow concept designers to rapidly go through LESS threads. The labeling would be based on a CANON idea. If it's not canon, then the concept designer would have to label it. I say it has to be canon because 1) It would lessen the amount of suggestions the concept designers have to sift through and 2) If it's not, then it's pure opinion and that just causes issues. The canon rule could be debated though to whatever administrators think is best. Abusing the power of labeling (Such as foolishly labeling an advertisement) would result in the termination of that users rank. This is purely to make the suggestion section a bit more manageable for concept designers. This label would NOT mean that the idea is getting approved or mean that it's GOING to happen. The purpose of this label, whatever it's called, would be to make certain suggestions stand out to the concept designers.

The moderators also need help getting rid of those pesky advertisements. I'm not sure how possible this is without giving TOO much power over to Helpers, but they could either "hide" the post or remove it. If the hiding function is possible, the post would receive a "Hidden" label and only be viewable by Helpers, Moderators, and Administrators. Moderators could then filter out ALL other threads to only show those labeled Hidden, then remove them. Normal players would not be able to see these threads, thus making it disappear from the public. If hiding threads is not an option, then removing them could be. Basically a helper would "delete" a thread, but it wouldn't actually delete. Similarly to how an Add-On submission is made private until Omni approves, when a Helper removes/hides a thread it would be made private until a Moderator approves it's removal. If the removal is denied (because someone abused their power) than the thread would be made visible to the public again and, depending on the situation, a Helper could potentially be revoked of their rank.

To also help moderators, a Helper would also have slit authority over users. If things got violent, harsh, hurtful, etc than the Helper would be able to "warn" that player and/or make notes on that persons record. If you could add records to a player, then a Moderator/Helper/Admin will be able to look at this players' record to decide how toxic this person is to the community and how to deal with them properly.

These are just some of the ideas I have for a Helper rank. This would be beneficial to the community because MAYBE it'd help the official staffers manage the community. The Helpers would have to consist to active users on the forums who often spot little mistakes *cough* Lmao if it's not me that's fine. Staff just seems to have issues maintaining things because they have "lives" (What's a life?). If anyone has ideas to add on to this, feel free to mention them in the replies. I will be looking through the XenForo plugin list to see if there's anything that can extend a Helper's capabilities and maybe help limit their power.

Too long; didn't read:
  • New helper rank to be given to active people who can spot issues/mistakes and make them stand out to staff members.
  • Permission to label suggestions with a certain label which would make them stand out to concept designers for swift decisions. Possible rule: Suggestion has to be canon with proof for a Helper to be allowed to label. Possible over use/irresponsible use of the labeling could result in the termination of their rank and their duties.
  • Permission to Hide/Temp. Remove spam bot/advertisement threads. The limits of this would be for anything to become permanent, they'd need the approval of a Moderator.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
The moderators also need help getting rid of those pesky advertisements. I'm not sure how possible this is without giving TOO much power over to Helpers, but they could either "hide" the post or remove it. If the hiding function is possible, the post would receive a "Hidden" label and only be viewable by Helpers, Moderators, and Administrators. Moderators could then filter out ALL other threads to only show those labeled Hidden, then remove them. Normal players would not be able to see these threads, thus making it disappear from the public. If hiding threads is not an option, then removing them could be. Basically a helper would "delete" a thread, but it wouldn't actually delete. Similarly to how an Add-On submission is made private until Omni approves, when a Helper removes/hides a thread it would be made private until a Moderator approves it's removal. If the removal is denied (because someone abused their power) than the thread would be made visible to the public again and, depending on the situation, a Helper could potentially be revoked of their rank.
Easily abusable. I suggest sticking with the "Report" stradegy right now.
To also help moderators, a Helper would also have slit authority over users. If things got violent, harsh, hurtful, etc than the Helper would be able to "warn" that player and/or make notes on that persons record. If you could add records to a player, then a Moderator/Helper/Admin will be able to look at this players' record to decide how toxic this person is to the community and how to deal with them properly.
Isn't necessary and abuseable (i.e. everyone would nitpick over behaviour that aren't worth of mods to check it out). Right now the reputation of the Moderatorers are pretty good, in time and profressionalism wise. I don't think these 'Helpers' aren't necessary for the job to be as a secretory for MODS.
This would be sort of a lower-ranked Moderator rank. With this rank, users will have a BIT more control over the forums as a normal player. For instance, the concept designers need help sifting through suggestions. A helper would be able to to label a suggest as "Promising" or "Possible" or some other synonym. This label would allow concept designers to rapidly go through LESS threads. The labeling would be based on a CANON idea. If it's not canon, then the concept designer would have to label it. I say it has to be canon because 1) It would lessen the amount of suggestions the concept designers have to sift through and 2) If it's not, then it's pure opinion and that just causes issues. The canon rule could be debated though to whatever administrators think is best. Abusing the power of labeling (Such as foolishly labeling an advertisement) would result in the termination of that users rank. This is purely to make the suggestion section a bit more manageable for concept designers. This label would NOT mean that the idea is getting approved or mean that it's GOING to happen. The purpose of this label, whatever it's called, would be to make certain suggestions stand out to the concept designers.
I like and approve of this idea though.