• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

HELP! Project Korra Group Setup assistance required !

Asif

Verified Member
Hello People

I need help setting up groups for my spigot 1.8.3 server in order to give specific players bending abilities and what not.

I am using the following plugins (All up to date):
- Project Korra
- Essentials
- Essentials Group Manager
- World Guard
- World Edit

I have set up groups in the

group-manager/worlds/world/groups.yml file.

However when i try to add a player to a group using the command "/manuadd", the server tells me that all commands have been locked and to check the error-log file and then type "/manload".

Naturally I don't know what to do at this point which is why I'm here.

If anyone could please help me out i'd be really happy.

Here is my Error-Log and my group setup:

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 5.15.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-11 at 5.09.02 PM.png

Loony

Verified Member
Sounds like you've messed up the config. Have you edited anything recently? And is there a broken.yml config in the folder?

Loony

Verified Member
Oh wait.
Which config did you edit to make those ranks?
You don't make the ranks in the normal 'config'. You have to go to -> worlds -> world and then edit the -> groups config to make new groups.

If you edited the default config, you've broke it and you need to delete it, reload to recreate it and should all be good.

Asif

Verified Member
I understand which files you are talking about and no I left the default global config file as it is and only changed the group config file.

Loony

Verified Member
Never mind again.
I keep reading the picture wrong, I'm super tired.

You've put the ranks in wrong.
You're missed a few lines of code, like inheritance.
And you've done spacing wrong.
Delete that config and re-create one.
Then a new one will appear with default ranks for you to copy to format of.

Asif

Verified Member
If you wouldn't mind, could you type up an example of a group for me ? I'm really not good at this I just look at other files and try to make the best of it.

Loony

Verified Member
groups:
Default:
default: true
permissions:
- essentials.help
- essentials.help.*
- -essentials.help.factions
- essentials.helpop
- essentials.list
- essentials.motd
- essentials.rules
- essentials.spawn
- essentials.eco
inheritance: []
info:
prefix: '&e'
build: false
suffix: ''
Builder:
default: false
permissions:
- essentials.home
- essentials.me
- essentials.msg
- essentials.sethome
- essentials.warp
inheritance:
info:
prefix: '&2'
build: true
suffix: ''

Loony

Verified Member
Have the inheritance as 'default'
And the prefix is the rank what shows before their name. For fire you would want it set as &4[Fire]

Loony

Verified Member
I would delete the config you made, reload the plugin to make a new one and start from scratch. Once you've done that, copy the 'default' template in the config, paste it, add the new permissions, turn default to false, add a prefix, make the inheritance to default, then you should be good

Asif

Verified Member
Thanks a lot I am currently remaking the config file and i'll show you in about 5 minutes to see if I made any errors

Loony

Verified Member
Delete all their inheritance. You're giving members access to staff commands XD
Delete them all, and only have 'default'.

You're also doing the permissions in the wrong place. You're putting the permissions in the inheritance spot. Check some of the current permissions for those ranks. Permissions like (*) means they have access to every permission. Which you currently have in the Avatar rank.
Try again and get back to me.

Asif

Verified Member
Okay I see what's wrong

So as far as I know the permission "bending.command*" allows players to use all element-neutral bending commands.

So I need to remove the admin stuff from all groups except the Avatar group.

Loony

Verified Member
Okay I see what's wrong

So as far as I know the permission "bending.command*" allows players to use all element-neutral bending commands.

So I need to remove the admin stuff from all groups except the Avatar group.
They don't have the bending* command, just the *. Meaning they get access to every command for every single plugin. It's like a mini OP.
Where are you getting these permissions? I can't remember bending.command being a permission :p
I don't think you need to give people permissions for bending. I thought they did it automatically.

Asif

Verified Member
Ahh I see

I got the bending.command* permission from the original last airbender plugin it allowed players to use commands like "/bending choose" and "/bending help" etc. I hadn't realized that had changed.