• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Frozen Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

orfeas

Verified Member
In loK season 2 we see Tonraq using an icewall move for offence and defense
icewall1.gif m04w7.gif
Frozen wall defence:
A water bender can raise an icewall(7 blocks long) by tap shifting on a 7 by 2 water/ice/snow source (in a 3 block radious).The wall will be able to stop weak attacks like icespike,iceblast,watermanipulation,airswipe,earthblast etc.If the wall gets hit by combustion or fully charged fireblast it will be destroyed but the charged fireblast or the combustion will explode on it(not directly on you)and the waterbender will take half the damage and will be launched 3 blocks back and one in the air (like in the first gif).Any waterbender can destroy the wall by left clicking at it with the frozen wall move.I took some screen shots of how the wall would look like: 2015-05-26_14.17.10.png 2015-05-26_14.16.49.png
Frozen wall offence:
A waterbender can select with right click the starting point of a big ice wall that he can control to heart his enemies. Basically after the waterbender selects the starting point(water,ice,snow in a radius of 3 blocks)he can then hold down shift to start creating a long ice wall that will follow his cursor as long as he is shifting(like torrent).If the wall hits an entity it will take 2 hearts of damage and will be knocked 4 blocks in up the air and 2 back.The ice wall can be stopped by combustion,fully charged fire blast and raiseearth(in case that they are fighting in a snowy area with ground bellow).The travel distance would be 20 blocks(configurable).After 10 seconds the wall will fall down.The cool down will be 5 seconds(configurable).The ice wall will stop if it hits land but will not disappear.I have taken a screen shot of how it would look like:
2015-05-26_14.21.10.png

Attachments

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
If the wall gets hit by combustion or fully charged fireblast it will be destroyed but the charged fireblast or the combustion will explode on it(not directly on you).That way the player will only get hurt from the explosion.
Noooooooo. When the icewall gets hit by combustion/charge-fireblast ,it should negate the damage, but a knockback would need to occur when standing near the wall (like how you get hurt by near the shattering icewall(addon) when it is hit by iceblast) as you can see in the gif Tonraq got a huge impact from the explosion ,but he didn't got injured or killed by the explosion, as the wall blocked parcly of the attack.

Last edited:

orfeas

Verified Member
Noooooooo. When the icewall gets hit by combustion/charge-fireblast ,it should negate the damage, but a knockback would need to occur when standing near the wall (like how you get hurt by near the shattering icewall(addon) when it is hit by iceblast) as you can see in the gif Tonraq got a huge impact from the explosion ,but he didn't got injured or killed by the explosion, as the wall blocked parcly of the attack.
I do not know about not getting any damage but it could be lowered to half.I will add it.

paliate

Verified Member
it does damage aswell when you shift on it again, It goes into shards and does like 4 damage - 5 damage.

Loony

Verified Member
Its just been suggested more times then i can count.
And i can't help but think that if PK wanted icewall they'd use @Carbogen 's addon.
I think this version (creating a long barrier of ice, controlled by where you look) is more realistic, more fun and offers more defence capabilities than Carbo's addon.

I never really agreed with the water bender being able to shatter the wall without using any other moves to break it. I think it should just phase away over time.
But still, looking into.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think this version (creating a long barrier of ice, controlled by where you look) is more realistic, more fun and offers more defence capabilities than Carbo's addon.

I never really agreed with the water bender being able to shatter the wall without using any other moves to break it. I think it should just phase away over time.
So oh about making it "Looking Into"? :D

orfeas

Verified Member
I agree with coast here. IceWall is what this idea is portraying. Better to adjust and adapt IceWall into the core plugin :p
well jed changed it,and i think i heard it was added into the core but i am pretty sure it is still in the jedcore.Am i right?

Status
Not open for further replies.